6 br fast twist loading

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by goodgrouper, Dec 17, 2004.

1. goodgrouper

goodgrouper Well-Known Member

OK, I decided on the 9" twist instead of the 14" twist. The plan is to fire the Berger 95 grain vld's out of a 26" barrel. What is a good load and what velocity are you guys getting? My guess is somewhere around 2800 fps. Also, does this particular cartridge/bullet combo exhibit any finickiness with loads, temps, seating depths?

2. LDO

LDO Well-Known Member

the 95g berger can be finicky in my experience[seating depth]-i had my best luck with Benchmark powder-cci450-velocities for my accuracy load were around 3050fps.but honestly if you are going to go with a 1-9tw"-might as well go 1-8tw".you will have a beter bullet selection should you decide to go heavier and the 1-8tw" will shoot the 80-90g bullets just fine[depending on how it is throated]-my-2-dave

3. jb1000br

jb1000br Well-Known Member

GG--email sent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. goodgrouper

goodgrouper Well-Known Member

Awesome help guys. That website rocks. I think this cartridge is going to be fun. Oh, by the way, the barrel does have a 8" twist and I also decided to improve the 6br for the 105 bergers. I also dedided to do a regular 6br with a 14" twist for close range. I'll let you guys know how they turn out. E.T.A. is February.