6.5 Prometheus (6.5 PRO) 140 gr. 3700 fps

My apologies for the delay in responding, my day job as construction superintendent has me occupied and there are times when I do not visit LRH for a while, the reason why I indicated that the FB Wildcat Cartridges page is best to contact me,

As it stands at this point in time I have successfully reached 3500 fps with the 160 gr Matrix bullets coated with WS2 tunsten disulfide powder using 100 gr of US869, I also use a bore prep with WS2 to coat the bore for enhancing heat deflection to delay torching the throat/lead..... I have 400 rounds down the Brux barrel with no sign of fire cracking yet, In my opinion this cartridge is not as bad as the 26 Nosler on barrels, but still to early to tell, maybe Brux just makes a helluva barrel ?

I have also just received 3 boxes of the 150 gr Matrix VLD's and 1 box of the 142 gr bullets from Marshal @ Matrix Bullets ! gonna run them in incremental charges to establish a known velocity table for these bullets as I have with the 160's ....

BTW .... Marshal is awesome !!! he crammed an extra 42 bullets into the box of 142's for free, sez it was the end of a production run and gave them to me ! Thank you !

The reamer has only been used twice so far, I had an extra barrel all done up ready to shoot and taken off, it's an 8 twist 30" Bartlein, keep in mind that all velocities obtained so far were with a 26" Brux and the 30" may show some fps gain .

PM me the smiths info where I can expedite the reamer to, I can also send you 3 fireformed cases that you can use for creating loading dies from,

I enjoy watching this post and have also joined the face book page. Just a note I am hoping that you load some of the Woodleigh PPSN bullets so I can compare with my 264 WM. I have pushed the limits with this Woodleigh bullet and a 3 shot average of 3261fps. I am guessing you could be near 3500fps with the 6.5 Pro. gun)

This will be a fun one I can tell!

gun)

The fun part was proving to all the non believers that 3500 fps w/160gr bullet is do able !

Oh BTW , wait until you try my 300 Werewolf.... 3500 fps with 230 Berger Hybrids ....

wait ! ya gotta check out my newest wildcat I just got a reamer for and gathering parts for the build !

the God of all cartridges ..... the 460 Zeus ! (458/416 Barret Imp.)

can ya imagine 528 gr Lehigh bullets with a .828 bc at 3300 fps ?
or a 600 gr bullet at 3100 fps ?

Hell, if they make a 5 gal. bucket sized bullet I will see about necking down a 50 gal drum !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 121
The reamer has only been used twice so far, I had an extra barrel all done up ready to shoot and taken off, it's an 8 twist 30" Bartlein, keep in mind that all velocities obtained so far were with a 26" Brux and the 30" may show some fps gain .

PM me the smiths info where I can expedite the reamer to, I can also send you 3 fireformed cases that you can use for creating loading dies from,

Thanks for getting back to me and talking with Josh @ C4. I have all the parts ready to go, all we need is that reamer to get going on the brass prep and load development. I appreciate you letting me use it. Also your offer of the fired brass is greatly appreciated and I will send you my info to get that going. Check your PM's and give me an email address that is best to reach you at. I do not use Facebook for privacy reasons.

Thanks!

I do not use Facebook for privacy reasons.

Please remember to keep us non Facebook users informed.

I will try and keep you all informed of my progress as the project unfolds. Fire forming the brass and developing a load is going to take some time. I have one barrel that will have to last me until my others come in from Bartlein.

I will try and keep you all informed of my progress as the project unfolds. Fire forming the brass and developing a load is going to take some time. I have one barrel that will have to last me until my others come in from Bartlein.

That's all a guy can ask for :cool: Although, i'm a little apprehensive, I don't have the will power to say no to a beast like the Prometheus....

t

KYS338......

Sending reamer and go gauge out Today, going to PO in a few min to mail pkg to GA Precision ...

you must promise to keep us all updated on your progress and load developement on this thread as this is the origins of the 6.5 Prometheus .........

I will also add new load data as I generate it, can't wait to see how it performs with the 30" 5R 8 Twist Bartlein tube, from what I have heard the 5R is easier on bullets and hopefully won't turn the 130 and 140 gr Bergers into shrapnel 20 ft out the muzzle at 3700-3800 fps !

maybe you should call Marshal at Matrix Bullets and stock up on the 150 and 160 gr VLD's, these bullets are what makes this cartridge sing the long range 6.5mm anthem !

For those who wanted to be kept in the loop !

......... I posted this update on the Wildcat Cartridges & Custom Guns facebook page and adding it here , thank you for the interest in the 6.5 Prometheus ....

....I have authorized GA Precision to build customers long range rifles chambered in my wildcat the 6.5 Prometheus, I have sent them my personal proprietary reamer for a customers build & given them exclusive rights to have reamers made for the shop, anyone interested in owning the worlds fastest and flattest shooting 6.5mm cartridge needs to contact them for rifle building info ,

Copper Creek Cartridge Co will be manufacturing ammo for that customer building a GAP rifle chambered in the 6.5 Prometheus

I have also been communicating with Norma of Sweden about possibly producing brass for the
6.5 Prometheus and the 375 PRO wildcats, we will resume talks after the Holidays,

It would really help if all the members here contact Norma and keep up the pressure on manufacturing brass for these outstanding cartridges !

Kontakt - Norma

Mil-Spec Rifle

http://coppercreekammo.com

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.