6.5 Prometheus (6.5 PRO) 140 gr. 3700 fps

For all the facebook users, this is what the group is about .........

Wildcat Cartridges and Custom Rifles

"Wildcat cartridges and custom built guns are the most intriguing part of shooting, since the invention of metallic cartridges there have been wildcatters scheming and dreaming of creating that ultimate cartridge....
This group is for continuing that tradition !
Here we share our wildcat creations, custom rifles built to shoot them, ballistic data obtained, game harvested and targets shot,
A very photo friendly place and it is highly encouraged to post pics of your wildcat cartridges & custom rifles and your exploits with them !"

Guess I lose out on this. I don't have Facebook nor do I want or plan on having it.

Wish you would post here go those that are interested.

Yep,
The 6.5 Prometheus belongs to me and I own the original reamer, case forming and reloading dies made by Neil Jones, rifle built for me by Last Frontier Custom Guns in Alaska from all parts supplied by me.

I stopped adding info on this wildcat and my others here due to no interest in them, instead of genuine interest I kept getting negative feedback, I don't want to keep pushing something nobody wants to hear about

I started a Facebook group page dedicated to wildcats and custom guns, and will be adding my projects and info there, have 6 new wildcats I have developed and building guns for, will post progress there........you are welcome to join us there .....

A new group for wildcat cartridges and custom rifles.
wildcatters, gunsmiths, hunters, shooters and all public welcome

https://m.facebook.com/groups/352883471548278?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment_reply

I do not use Facebook anymore. I deleted my account some time ago. I did send you a PM to inquire about using the reamer? If you have a minute would like to discuss that with you. I have a very high end ammo manufacturer looking into developing this cartridge further if I can get a barrel done quickly. We have all necessary parts, just needing a reamer to get going.

Thanks.

Now THAT would be awesome :cool:

t

It will be if I could get some cooperation on both ends because after talking with PTG they won't release the reamer prints or an actual reamer because its "proprietary" and I will have to start all over again just to design the reamer. Im looking at 2 months before I can fire a single round.

I could have ladder tests completed and work out ever small detail in a couple weeks and have ammo available to anyone that called him up and asked for it. I do a lot of his T&E :D:cool:

It will be if I could get some cooperation on both ends because after talking with PTG they won't release the reamer prints or an actual reamer because its "proprietary" and I will have to start all over again just to design the reamer. Im looking at 2 months before I can fire a single round.

I could have ladder tests completed and work out ever small detail in a couple weeks and have ammo available to anyone that called him up and asked for it. I do a lot of his T&E :D:cool:

Well that kind of makes it a PITA... It must be tough to be a T&E guy :cool: I have to say i'm a little jealous.

On a side note- Are you the same KYS338 that posts on the Hide?

t

Swamplord, are you not interested in helping develop this Wildcat cartridge a little further? I would appreciate a response at least....

You must understand that I get similar requests for my reamers all the time and usually from new members then never hear from them again after I inform them of the procedures to rent the reamers,
My reamers will only be sent to a legal gunsmith business not to individuals, when a smith is ready to cut a chamber he can contact me and reamer will be sent directly to shop for a one week, one time use rental, I am currently establishing a legal business that will be providing all my reamers, formed brass, case forming and reloading dies and fully tested data, also working on having ready to load brass made available for several of my wildcats, it is a work in progress that I have invested my personal time and $ into with absolutely no help from anyone,

sure I'm interested in making further developments in brass and ammo availability for the 6.5 Prometheus but you did not provide any info on the gunsmith shop, ammo manufacturer or your information , I don't know if I am dealing with a genuinely interested party or someone is screwing with me again !!!! and that has been happening quite a bit lately !

Alll my reamers are proprietary and PT&G will contact me for approval prior to making reamer to another party,

You must understand that I get similar requests for my reamers all the time and usually from new members then never hear from them again after I inform them of the procedures to rent the reamers,
My reamers will only be sent to a legal gunsmith business not to individuals, when a smith is ready to cut a chamber he can contact me and reamer will be sent directly to shop for a one week, one time use rental, I am currently establishing a legal business that will be providing all my reamers, formed brass, case forming and reloading dies and fully tested data, also working on having ready to load brass made available for several of my wildcats, it is a work in progress that I have invested my personal time and $ into with absolutely no help from anyone,

sure I'm interested in making further developments in brass and ammo availability for the 6.5 Prometheus but you did not provide any info on the gunsmith shop, ammo manufacturer or your information , I don't know if I am dealing with a genuinely interested party or someone is screwing with me again !!!! and that has been happening quite a bit lately !

Alll my reamers are proprietary and PT&G will contact me for approval prior to making reamer to another party,

This true!! I don't blame you for being cautious............Rich

Swamplord,

Recently I had to switch from one rifle to another total build. My 'smith became concerned about bulging the barrel with the cartridge I have developed. This is number thirteen or fourteen wildcat. When this barrel is shot out I would be pleased to rent your reamer and pay for supporting brass and dies. Of course I won't even have my new one until early spring. But that doesn't keep me from thinking about the next one. Your 6.5 Prometheus looks like the perfect candidate.

Sir, had you responded to my PM I would have gladly informed you of all the data you are requesting. The shop doing the work is the best in the business and the ammo manufacturer is top tier as well. I can give you all of that, give me your email address and we can discuss it further. I would like to have the rifle built without waiting for 6 weeks on a reamer to be made just to do the one barrel.

Tagging in... Hopefully there will be more info posted on here as I do not do the facebook thing and this cartridge intrigues me!

Tagging in... Hopefully there will be more info posted on here as I do not do the facebook thing and this cartridge intrigues me!

Disregard this post. I am editing it. Swamplord has got in contact with my ammo maker and is working with me to get the proper items to get this project going. Took some time but glad he got back to me and we can work together on making it a reality. I will post info as the build progresses. I have a ways to go but I can at least get a barrel spun up, load development, and brass prep will take some time. Then dies have to be made. This will be a fun one I can tell! Thanks Swamplord.

gun)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.