6.5 creedmoore??

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by 7sand8s, Jan 16, 2012.

1. 7sand8s

7sand8s Well-Known Member

Just wondering about opinions on the 6.5 creedmoore since there is not a lot of factory options on them.

2. Browninglover1

Browninglover1 Well-Known Member

Browning just released 3 or 4 new models chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor and I want one so bad my teeth hurt!

I have a Savage 10 Predator in the Creedmoor and I love it. The round offers great ballistics, great factory ammo (although not available in every store), and it's a total pleasure to shoot. There were a few lots of brass that would only last 2 to 3 reloads but Hornady has supposedly fixed that problem. I'm personally on my 3rd reload and the cases are still just fine.

I don't know if it'll be a round that stays around forever but I really have liked mine.

3. chas3stix

chas3stix Well-Known Member

I'm the proud owner of a Savage Model 10 Max1. This is the most accurate out of the box rifle I've ever owned! The 6.5 Creedmoor is a real pleasure to shoot too.

4. 7sand8s

7sand8s Well-Known Member

How would it be on a Whitetail???

5. chas3stix

chas3stix Well-Known Member

If you do your part,(good bullet placement) the 130gr. or 140gr. bullet will do its part.
    (DDD) dead deer down.....May I suggest you visit The 6.5 Creedmoor Forum - Portal to read what other 6.5 Creedmoor owners have to say.