6.5 creedmoore which bullet

Dalebow

I want some thing for antelope, deer, black bear, and maybe elk/axis deer 400 yards or less on the elk.
the 120 gr gmx would handle the goat/deer/bear, probably the elk but a little light,
I am considering the:
130 berger vld 2900fps
129 grain factory load Interbond
139gr Lapua Scenar 2740
142gr Sierra MatchKing

I have not hunted with any of the 4 mentioned rounds so your real world experience

your thoughts would be appreciated looking at

I like bonded bullets, so I would go with the 129 Hornady Interbond or a 130 Nosler Accubond depending on which shot the best in my gun. Both these bullets are tough enough for a close shot and they also have very good bc., so they are good for longer shots.

I like bonded too, had great luck with 150 grain 30cal GMX before, never have tried the bergers, some people like em and some done:D

From 0-300yds, use the interbond. For 300-800 I would use the bullet the caliber was developed around. That would be the 140 A-max. From what I've heard they work ok at close range too.

Tank

There is a lot of guys using them. It essentially performs like a Nosler ballistic tip. They open at lower velocities making it a good bullet option for long range. The most popular used is the 208 30cal and the 162 7mm. I would imagine the 140 will do all you need.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts