6.5 bullets with the high bc

Careful, that may spawn another "accuracy vs precision" thread. 😀
We'll hello again to all the 6.5x55 shooters. I've picked up on some Hornady 143 grain ELD X, I'll be using Lapaua brass , Federal primers and have several powders available H4831sc, R19 , H380, varget and IMR 4064, any suggestions

No need to speed a fortune on Star Trek tank buster bullets for Speed-Goats. The 140 Sierra Game King, 143 Hornady ELD-X and 140 Nosler Ballistic Tip are all excellent performers on Antelope and deer. Find which your 6.5X55 likes best, I'd bet all will group well and go fetch a nice buck.
Spend, not speed!

We'll hello again to all the 6.5x55 shooters. I've picked up on some Hornady 143 grain ELD X, I'll be using Lapaua brass , Federal primers and have several powders available H4831sc, R19 , H380, varget and IMR 4064, any suggestions
H-4350 has been my go too powder in the Swede with 125 gr Noslers , but H4831 and Rl19 would be my next choice with the heavier 143 gr eldx.

I'd try HORNADY Precision Hunter ELD-X in 143 grains or ELD-M Match bullets in 143 grains.

Those match bullets will kill a thin skinned, lightweight animal like an American antelope.

Hello All, and thank you for all your support
I've decided to pickup on the 6.5 PRC
I'm looking for a rifle in the 6lb weight range, thinking of the following
Christiansen or the savage 110 ultralight
Any advice would be appreciated

I'd try HORNADY Precision Hunter ELD-X in 143 grains or ELD-M Match bullets in 143 grains.

Those match bullets will kill a thin skinned, lightweight animal like an American antelope.
Thanks for the information
I've decided to pickup on the 6.5 PRC and want it in a 6lb rifle with the carbon fiber barrel. Advise on either the savage 110ultra light or the Christiansen rifles

I concur with alot of post already,if your rifle likes SMK's,shoot'em.
Whitetails,mulley's and prongs don't require artillery rounds so you should be golden.
My Creed loves 147 ELD M's over H4350 so I do everything with that load,shoot steel,paper,and hunting.
Every whitetail I've shot with it has went about 2 feet straight to the ground (124-312yards)
IMHO the Sierra's will do fine on prongy's.

Thank you for all the great feedback
Any opinions on which rifle is better savage 110 ultra lite in 6.5 PRC or the Christiansen arms

What happened to the nice Mauser? I really like Mausers - designed for battle use. In the event the Mauser is retained to shoot antelopes just about any bullet in the 120 - 140 grain weight will work. For years I used the 140 SiGK to shoot targets & rodents from several 6.5-06's up to 1,000, not much more velocity than a 6.5X55 out of a good strong action, like M98 or such.

I did like 120's for hunting deers & such because they shot flatter over usual hunting ranges up to 400 yards.

Twist rate for the Mauser?- easy to find, use a tight fitting patch, lightly oil bore, push patch on rod into bore. mark rod with tape at some reference point, mark tape with felt tip, pull rod out of bore & quit pulling at one complete felt tip revolution then measure back to reference point. Good for .25" plus/minus. Then measure length of bullet & go to JBM site & determine if stablity is more then Sg=1.4.

The 6.5 PRC sounds nice but scarce & expensive brass keeps my from building one. Should I want more speed than my 6.5-06 I would go for the AI version.

I never shot an antelope but have seen many while rodent shooting and the antelopes don't look like any big deal to kill at normal hunting ranges of up to 400 yards.

Nothing like a Mauser, mine was a unissued 1942 Huskavarna and it shoots the Sierra Game Kings extremely well. I've not taken it beyond 150 yards shooting whitetails. So going after Pronghorns at 300-400 yards will be a new challenge for the Swede.

I had a Christensen Arms Mesa in the 6.5PRC and it was lights out, but not 6 pounds. I killed a SD speedgoat with it shooting 130 Grain Berger VLDH and it worked as advertised. the rifle shot a few different bullets into 2" groups at 400. the 130 Tipped gameking was also very accurate and performed well on deer and a bear. I also got a Fierce Fury in the PRC and kept that one and sold the CA. I like the Long action on the Fierce and it is very accurate. I am also 3 loads in with my Hornady brass with no "clickers" yet.