6.5 '06 Ai

depending on what brass your using , for using 30-06 brass which is what I would reccommend due to Lapua brass available , preferably I would use a bushing type neck die for the 30-06 , first run the case through a 280 die then a 270 then the 6.5 last , you can probably due it with one pass if you used some good lube like Imperial sizing wax but you will run a higher risk of collapsing the shoulder , once the case is necked down them all thats left is fire forming ,""LOOK AT A LOADINING MANUAL"" I like to use the heaviest bullet available seated out into the lands and use a mid range load of the fastest powder recomended for that bullet in that case , the faster powder will have a faster and shorter pressure curve and that will help to "pop" the shoulder out.

Or you could use 25-06 brass and just neck it up to 6.5-06 , with a tapered expander its a one step deal.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.