6.5-06 AI

bruton

What is you opinion of the 6.5-06 AI and where can I find dies if I build one? Thanks

What is you opinion of the 6.5-06 AI and where can I find dies if I build one? Thanks
The A.I. is a great cartridge! I hunted with one for years before I came out with the Sherman. I Killed over 25 elk, several Black bears, countless deer and a moose.
I would use 270 or 280 brass if I were you because they shrink about .015" in length and you end up with the neck a little short with '06 brass.
Or just build a Sherman and gain 150'.

Many versions, RCBS has a 30 degree version and don't forget the 6.5-7mm Brenneke and Improved versions. I've seen Dies for them all. Depending on your Brass choice there is the new 6.5-RPM and the forgotten 6.5x65-RWS. All on top of just necking down retail 280AI brass.

I love a 6.5-06 and the AI version. Simple neck down of 280AI and your good to go. But with all the available options of today it's not a great choice anymore. 6.5 PRC, SAUM, better and easier. Unless you have a long standard action then I would go with 280AI. I own both presently and 280AI has more options and you can shoot lighter bullets fast with better barrel life than a 6.5-06AI felt recoil is petty much the same

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.