375rum with 350 smk or berger 320 vld

big bore al

Ok guys I just orderd a 375 rum barrel 32in 1:10 twist full bull the same as my 338 edge I know there has to be a few guys using for long range with 320 or 350 gr bullets . What loads powder and range can I look for 1200 or better is ok would like to go 1 mile some day any input will be helpfull.

RL25 is probably a good starting point assuming you have a long enough throat.
I dont think you will be able to get enough Retumbo in the case.

I have a new rifle built just for that sort of thing...I'm just clearing up some health issues, but I should have it rolling in the next month or so :)
We should compare notes!

What did you build? And I have been getting mixed revews on powder with the biger bore some say faster than what I use in my edge but I have used 25 alott rely like it in my 300 win mag I also use imr7828 in my edge 90 gr behind 250 hpbt and I get over 3100 fps no psi isue if I bump up to 92 it will shoot just over 3200 and a bit more accuret but at the cost of brass and barrel 3100 is fine with me that's 200fps faster than a lupua also like H1000 and that new power pro 4000 has been varey inpresave in my 300 with 208 A Max might try that and win supreme 780 shot good in the edge with 225 sst . But my buddy talked me out of the 338 edge he shoots it now so I just had to go biger was thinking 378 wby but cost of brass is nuts and I don't think I would gane much . I will be ordering a adj. Throught reamer from PTG . Keep me posted on your work up good luck and good shooting your frinds from BC CUSTOMS

I have a Rem 700 with a 10 twist and a pretty stiff barrel.
I have been shooting the 375RUM with standard bullets for years.

106gr RL25 makes the 300 grainers go faster than I want to say, but accuracy is so-so.
My assumption is the 350gr bullets will let RL25 come into its own, but only the targets will tell the story.

RL22 has given me 2700fps+ with the 350SMK, but you need a long throat to get that velocity.
Rl25 might do better

Long range horsepower is unreal!
I plan on building a 338 Lapua Improved 375 in a 16-20 pound gun next.
Near as I can tell Retumbo will roll nicely in that combo.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.