375 Mercenary

THE 416 HSM made from bmg holds 25gr more than regular bmg.

Fired 700 HE with hot loads, case made with bmg brass, 35 times, pockets tight.

One load test was 200 gr blue dot.

It is lot of work making our 416 cases, but got truckloads to work with.

Now Swamp just has to mainly neck down cases, 423 Case in the picture looks

real hairy, nice and long......From picture looks Viersco/Bruce's African size brass

Stiller/Lawton and other REM clones with .800" diameter

bolt actions will be cats meow, MRC PH actions already .805" and

our 416 HSM fits fine. And if bolts done right .750" bolts work also.

Cases made long from Viersco, MEN, TYR, Bruces African case,

based brass, work also. Ed

Last edited:
Not interested in wasting anymore of my time and money on the 50 BMG and the 416 Barrett based wildcats, crap brass is the weakest link, not worth building highly expensive/heavy guns for, no matter what you do to the 50 cal brass you still end up with the gaping hole at the bottom of the case along with the huge flash hole that dictate how hot you can load it, go over just a bit and it's one pop and toss brass........

There is a lot of room between the 50 BMG and the CheyTac diameter cases and for the last year and a half our new case design has been good for us , you can take a really strong 100k psi case and a scaled up Rem 700 clone action with an .800" bolt and 5" port to run these types of cartridges, 3 action makers I know of are doing this and probably a dozen more I don't know of, pretty soon it will be a normal thing like the Stiller TAC 408 action.......

Who knows , maybe Remington will see the light and make it a standard production action and we all live happily ever after........ We have made them aware of this ongoing phenomenon,
Are you listening REMINGTON ?

In my view there is absolutely no real need for the 50 BMG at all, most dudes are awestruck by that cartridge because of it's size and history but in reality it is way past it's prime, 20mm ? got a big box of brass quite some time ago is all I got to say ..........

had to get a bigger bit to drill the holes in the loading block for the 420 BLITZKRIEG.......

lots of coo,l fun stuff happening

1. Seems you have missed the long-ago commercial availability of RWS and then Lapua .50 BMG brass. And Ed has just said he got 35 reloads of his .700 HE. Peterson is getting excellent results with their smaller offering (i.e., 375 and 408 CT)

2. You wrote, "a scaled up Rem 700 clone action with an .800" bolt and 5" port to run these types of cartridges, 3 action makers I know of are doing this and probably a dozen more I don't know of"

Name those three companies - Stiller has never, best I know, produced a .50 BMG action - and is now only doing rimfire. APS,. ARC, BAT, Cadex, McMillan, RPA...who? To suggest that Remington would come out with such an action is simply...

3. Notwithstanding that this thread is ".375 Mercenary", you have gone way past that. So, what's your grief with 20mm (Vulcan in particular) as a base case?

4. Finally, you blew right past the question you "responded" to - What is the case capacity and what is the rim diameter? That is, for your Blitzkrieg.

Thanks.

the 420 Blitzkrieg is not based off the 585 African/Viersco Mag case, it is a new design and can't be made from any existing cartridge case

I don't think you get it........ I don't have to mess with the 50 BMG case to get the capacity I need to drive .423 caliber bullets up to 600 gr........

Not having the 50 BMG action requirement is most awesome........ there's a bunch of guys out there wildcatting off the 50 cal case and I certainly don't need to jump into the fray, plenty busy with the projects we have going on......

Both Men and the Gods of War smile and approve........

Attachments

• 420 Blitzkrieg vs 375 Barrett Imp vs 50 BMG.jpg
    420 Blitzkrieg vs 375 Barrett Imp vs 50 BMG.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 226
the 420 Blitzkrieg is not based off the 585 African/Viersco Mag case, it is a new design and can't be made from any existing cartridge case

We have full intention on having formed headstamped brass available and that is in progress at the moment, in the meantime we are making brass ourselves

Hello,

So if you are not having proper 420 Blitzkrieg brass made yet but it cannot be made from any existing cartridge case.......where is it coming from? I mean when you say "making brass ourselves" are you referring to full blown manufacturing and if so why state you have intentions on having formed headstamped brass available? If not referring to full blown manufacturing then it has to be made from some "existing" cartridge case right?

Sorry for my apparent confusion..English is not my first couple languages so maybe I am not understanding some wordings.

THEIS

Anyone in R&D will tell you the same thing .... you work with what is available and will go through multiple design stages as access to better materials becomes available, along with multiple prototypes before the final design goes into production, what we have for testing purposes worked well enough and satisfied our needs, the final for production case design has been altered significantly and cannot be recreated with existing off the shelf cases , what are the changes to the final design as opposed to our last test brass as seen in photos ? will have more info and pics when the new batch of brass shows up

Will we reveal h20 capacity, rim diameter, make reamers and cases available to the public to purchase ? Yes, of course ! That is the goal but please understand that info will be released at the proper time as we see fit , at this time we are sharing what we can voluntarily, you have to understand that this is a self funded project that has been expensive, demands for info will have the reverse effect and curb the flow of voluntarily shared information

most of course...... brass is coming in and pretty soon there will be a bunch of guys getting their batch...

Attachments

• 375 Mercenary Bertram brass.jpg
    375 Mercenary Bertram brass.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 165
BB 375 Mercenary headstamp looks good !

Attachments

• 375 Mercenary Bertram headstamp.jpg
    375 Mercenary Bertram headstamp.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 162
Will be shooting the new Bertram 375 Mercenary brass for the first time, stoked with H50BMG and topped off with 352 gr Cutting Edge MTAC bullets

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 132
So far so good !
32.5" barrel and a short .1163" throat, 352 gr Cutting Edge MTAC bullets

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 201
For a very brief moment we had piles of 375 Mercenary brass then it vanished into multiple boxes and shipped out to the rightful owners , yesterday .........

We would like to thank all the guys that trusted us with their money and took part in the 375 Mercenary brass group order .... Tons of respect for all of you, we appreciate your patience and for letting us handle it our way to make it happen .....

Big thanks to Bruce Bertram for working with us and getting the brass made and delivered in a very short amount of time as promised .........

Attachments

• 375 Mercenary brass.jpg
    375 Mercenary brass.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 153
  • 375 Mercenary brass shipped out   5-18-02017.jpg
    375 Mercenary brass shipped out 5-18-02017.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 153
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts