375 Mercenary

Good news, ladies and gents..... Got our new revised batch of Ex Nihilo cylinder basic brass in and got some polished up with 0000 steel wool for a couple pics ...

in order to save time and money on tooling etc., we had it made in long cylinder form ..... we have case forming dies to mangle the brass to our needs for now, have some in the neck down process already, turned the necks to thin up a bit, will anneal and proceed with necking down to 420 Blitzkrieg and 416 Destroyer, will also be doing in 458 and 50 cal later on

they don't look all that big by themselves until you set them next to other cases..... went long on them and will be messing with various lengths and calibers

This is an all new cartridge case body design developed by Mark Fox and myself, it is not based on any existing cartridge and cannot be formed from anything else

we also have a couple bullet weights in 423 caliber coming in our Long Range Competition design

Attachments

• Ex Nihilo basic brass-1.jpg
    Ex Nihilo basic brass-1.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 460
  • Ex Nihilo basic brass-2.jpg
    Ex Nihilo basic brass-2.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 336
  • Ex Nihilo basic brass-3.jpg
    Ex Nihilo basic brass-3.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 319
Hello,

Made by Bruce?

Looks like a cross between long 600 nitro but with redesigned rim and 585 Orca :)

Thanks,
THEIS

That is great, that longest case getting on the right track, for more speed,

for more power, better ELR case, if capacity of necked case is a decent

gain over say a long Nyati basic necked the same,

What is capacity of the necked case in the #2 picture.Ed

That is great, that longest case getting on the right track, for more speed,

for more power, better ELR case, if capacity of necked case is a decent

gain over say a long Nyati basic necked the same,

What is capacity of the necked case in the #2 picture.Ed

ED, those cases are only half necked down, still got some work to do after the annealing process, have not checked the h2o as they aren't done yet, might get some results this weekend, been busy out testing the new LRC bullets in the 375 Mercenary

Testing is underway of our 375 caliber 357 gr LRC bullet, (Long Range Competition) weight intended was 355 gr but they all came out right at 357 gr, with a 380 gr (estimated) weight en route..... these will also be made in the hollow point version for hunting, after testing of the solids .... The bullet design is something I have been itching to test and now have them and things are looking good so far,

once we get the 380 gr checked out in the 375 Mercenary I'll update the results, our bullet design theory made to our exact specs for the ultimate BC in a given bullet weight in a solid copper projectile....... also have a couple 423 cals and 338's getting spun up......

Attachments

• 357 gr LRC-a.jpg
    357 gr LRC-a.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 437
  • 357 gr LRC-b.jpg
    357 gr LRC-b.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 744
The preliminary 100 yard test with our 357 gr Long Range Competition (LRC) bullets in the 375 Mercenary went very well and the accuracy was phenomenal, granted it was only 100 yards but load development was quick and a good thing too, I only had a handful to work with ... More on the way along with the 380 gr (est) sometime next week, more shooting to come....

PS.... Never mind the ugly stock, this is a test rifle that got Frankensteined specifically for load development, barrel is only 32.5" long and 7.5 tw at breech and 7 tw at muzzle, Rock Creek 5R in CheyTac contour

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 381
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 425
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 392
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 407
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question. Can a action thats designed for the 416 Rigby be able to be used for the 375 mercenary?

Thanks

David

No sir, you need an action designed for the 375 Chey Tac family of cartridges, such as the Stiller Tac 408 and similar size actions, the 375 Mercenary has the same rim diameter as the CT only a bit fatter and taller for more case capacity

Thank you. I was hoping you would say it was possible. Very sweet looking round and so far it seems to be doing well. moving the heavy's like it does is sweet. good work.

Thanks again.

David

Heads up to .408 caliber fans..... the 408 Mercenary reamer is now available at JGS, will be submitting same print to Manson and PT&G this week as well...

Sorry to be coming in late...I'm not understanding the release of drawings to reamer houses with the "This design is Proprietary" comment is the lower left. Real hard to tell what that means to a prospective reamer buyer. I call up one of those houses and say I want a reamer print to see if I'd like to buy that reamer. Presumably they send it. I decide I want to change the way things work ahead of the case mouth and I name it something else. So what has that "comment" done for you or the potential consumer? No, I am not going to plow thru 20 pages discussing multiple cartridges to try to decode when only you can answer. Thanks.

Did some shooting for velocity with the new 375 Mercenary brass made by Bertram, pressure signs were shown at these velocities in the 7.5 - 7 twist 32.5" Rock Creek barrel using the MTAC bullets from Cutting Edge

Great ammo case! Which brand and model? Did you buy or fab the bottom foam? If bought, source please. Thanks.

375 Mercenary dies

1 1/4 x 12 bodies on the bushing sizer and micrometer seater dies, the decapper is a standard 7/8 body and is a universal non sizing decapping die that works on all cartridges from the 375 Mercenary down to .223 Rem

Where does one find those decapping dies?

I didn't receive any with the two sets of reloading dies I ordered.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.