375 Mercenary

IMG_0241[1].jpg

Mine just showed up yesterday from Dave Manson. Ordered on Dec 23rd and got an email that it shipped out on Jan 10th.

So can a man get a reamer
yet?????

375 Mercenary reamers from JGS have been available to order since Dec. 20th, 2016,
from Manson since Dec, 23rd, 2016
several guys have already received their reamers .....
No word back from PT&G yet, I'll follow up on that after they return from the Shot Show

the 338 and 416 Mercenary reamers have been available to order from JGS since Dec. 30th, 2016 and I am submitting the JGS prints to Manson as well to keep the designs identical

The "Slayer" reamers will be available from JGS and Manson soon, basically shortened and necked down 585 Nyati cases for the smaller diameter cals in 338, 8mm, 308 and 7mm , these will absolutely blow away anything currently available in those calibers, think CheyTac/SnipeTac in a shorter fatter case with optimum case taper for extraction on the same boltface/rim diameter that is 100% compliant with detachable mags in all long for caliber high bc bullets ... gonna be awesome

for more info send email to [email protected]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 135
Hello no worries,

Can you please advise as to your barrel specs?
Twist rate...standard or progressive?
Lands/Grooves dimensions..standard or custom?

Thank you,

THEIS

Hi Theis,

I ordered a Benchmark Barrel for this one.
It is a 36" blank, hoping to finish at 35"
1 in 8 twist with 8 grove, standard sizing.
1.4 for 5" then taper down to 1.1 to finish.
Going with a T5 Terminator brake as well.

I'm going with a stiller Tac 408 single shot action
McMillan A5 Super Mag
TriggerTech trigger
Near Manufacturing 60MOA base and Alpha mounts rings.

I probably going to run CEB MTAC 377 or 402s. I have 300 377 on order now.

This is going to be a fun project for sure, cant wait for it to all come together. From what I know I think I am the first in Canada to have a reamer and gauges.

Hope this answers your questions.
No Worries.

If anybody is interested in a 1.350" shank 36" finished length, 7 twist 8 groove 375 caliber barrel, contact PacNor to get your order in, sort of a group buy but you go direct to the manufacturer, PacNor have agreed to make them if there was enough orders, the required amount of barrels has been met and the offer is still open to all who were needing a fast tw 375 cal barrel in a longer length

PacNor make high quality button barrels
pic below is of a 30" 9tw 8mm (.323 cal) barrel fluted and frosted by PacNor

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 154
I've successfully necked the 585 Nyati case in all calibers down to 375 cal as shown in photo and beyond to 6.5 mm to see if it can be done, once past the 338 cal there is a requirement to outside neck turn and anneal as the brass gets pretty thick and work hardened from the neck down process, when there is a will there is a way,

Attachments

• 375 Mercenary from 585 Nyati-a.jpg
    375 Mercenary from 585 Nyati-a.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 186
Hi Theis,

I ordered a Benchmark Barrel for this one.
It is a 36" blank, hoping to finish at 35"
1 in 8 twist with 8 grove, standard sizing.
1.4 for 5" then taper down to 1.1 to finish.
Going with a T5 Terminator brake as well.

I'm going with a stiller Tac 408 single shot action
McMillan A5 Super Mag
TriggerTech trigger
Near Manufacturing 60MOA base and Alpha mounts rings.

I probably going to run CEB MTAC 377 or 402s. I have 300 377 on order now.

This is going to be a fun project for sure, cant wait for it to all come together. From what I know I think I am the first in Canada to have a reamer and gauges.

Hope this answers your questions.
No Worries.

Hello No Worries,

Are you contemplating having a 338 barrel spun up to launch some 338 solids from the Merc case?

I am thinking the 7mm Slayer in gas gun form :)

THEIS

350 gr Cutting Edge MTH bullets ready to fly this weekend, 12 loads @ 3 rounds each per grain of powder, looking for pressure ......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 145
Swamplord,
What is the cost per trigger pull, ballpark, of this very interesting looking cartridge? Is it a case of if I have to ask I can't afford it? I have a 6.5 SS being chambered now, then I want to build something for PRS but then I want to look at something big. I'm currently looking at various 338 through 375 offerings. This and the currently underdevelopment 338 Sherman have piqued my interest, among a few others of course.

Would this even be an option for me a year or so down the road? I think I saw a post that the brass was a one time order but hoping I might have just misunderstood the post. Lots of different info bouncing around in my brain so it is certainly possible.

brass order deadline for this initial run is Feb. 2nd, we have accumulated enough personal orders from the onset of project and are extending the welcome to others interested in this cartridge to join in the group brass order, reamers and dies are available to shooters that participate in the brass buy

as I mentioned earlier.... only prepaid orders will be put into production at this time due to the cost of manufacturing the brass and import/shipping expenses......... there is a minimum of 100 pcs with no maximum and all ordering info is available by emailing [email protected],

if you use Facebook you can check us out at https://www.facebook.com/375Mercenary/?view_public_for=676994269142899 same info there as found here but will be monitored and updated daily as of yesterday

once this brass run is underway we will initiate another group brass order accumulation for production later in the year... later or sooner will depend on when we reach the minimum amount set by manufacturer.......

we are in search of interested parties who are willing to fund larger orders for resale/profit and have been in talks with several individuals but not for this run unless something changes

Fact finding/pressure mission is incomplete, no pressures found yet and ran out of loads, clocking in with a high vel. at 3309 fps with the 350 gr Cutting Edge MTH bullets
now that I have fired brass and have established a known velocity range from min to ?, will continue load work up from last 3 shots ........

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 163
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts