375 Mercenary

1 1/4 -12 body size 375 Mercenary reloading dies are coming, they are made to accomodate every single 375 caliber long range bullet up to the 452 gr Cutting Edge MTAC and beyond, along with every other typical lead core jacketed bullet available ...... dies will be available to those who participate in the group brass order we will be placing on February 2nd, 2016

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 171
Found out the other day that JGS could not ship 375 Mercenary reamers and gauges to individuals in Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Europe,

[/email]

Hello,

Swamplord, maybe you can pass this information onto JGS to see if this helps them in case they do not realize this.

July 2013 the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls updated 22 CFR 123.17(A) in regards to small parts exemptions. Please see attached picture for more details but as long as the reamer is marked as $100 wholesale cost ($500 for Canada) then it is exempt from needing a DSP-5 export license. It just needs to be filed into Automated export system.

THEIS

Attachments

• Exemptions.png
    Exemptions.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 123
Ladies and Gentlemen, Just a heads up on progress of the 375 Mercenary ...... shooting results will be available soon with tested data using key powders and bullets suited for ELR shooting and hunting ...

Brass availability is always a major concern these days in any given cartridge , we have progressed to where we are just a few short weeks from placing the order for fully formed and headstamped .375 Mercenary brass , deadline is Feb. 2nd to place your order, this is an offer to join this group buy that IS happening ...... please understand that this is a group buy and not a for profit venture and only prepaid for brass will be manufactured .........anyone who is interested can email [email protected] for more info on brass, dies and reamers ....

ps.... it has come to my attention that some emails were not answered and we have figured out the cause and have it corrected, all interested parties please accept our apologies and we will respond to your emails in the order received ,

to recap a few things ... The 375 Mercenary is basically the 585 Nyati basic cylinder brass necked down to 375 Caliber, no incisions on full circumference of case to create an edge for a belt, no swaged/shrunk body diameter ahead of the insicion/belt, no overly long smaller diameter case length , several issues I had with the parent brass for the 375 Warlord, just simply an unaltered, non malformed parent case with added case taper for absolute reliable extraction with maxed out high pressure loads, case taper is over 10 thou per inch of case body, from past projects I have learned that with large diameter cases in extreme case body lengths anything much less than .010" per inch will lead to sticky extraction, the longer the case the more taper is required or you will end up having to sacrifice velocity for positive extraction, in designing this case I wasn't overly concerned with massive case capacity as 190-192 gr h20 is already at the top of usable room and anything over that will cause ignition issues with heavier bullets , the 375 Mercenary is .200" shorter in case length and larger in diameter than the .375 Warlord and it's copies, resulting in a much more efficient powder column for proper ignition and powder burn , the 375 VM 2 works in a similar way but was plagued by lack or proper body taper, from my understanding it has been revamped to add more case body taper in order to use it to it's full potential, my friends with 338 and 375 SnipeTac cartridges have experienced extraction issues as well and are revamping reamers to add more taper, straight walled min taper cartridges only work in lower pressure 45-55 K psi loads, I wanted the ability to run over 70 k psi without concerns of extraction issues, hence our loads at 65 k+ psi will fly out effortlessly ....

Lots of things are happening and all info will be presented to update the 375 Mercenary project ...

stay tuned for future updates and thank you for your interest ...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 577
That is awesome ! Now we can proceed with the brass order, I'm setting up all my Canadian friends with a direct shipment of brass from Australia to Canada in order to speed up delivery and cut down on shipping expense, I have a well known gunsmith in Canada who will be handling all brass orders and shooters from there can get together for their own group order, contact me at [email protected] for the Canadian connection

Numerous parties fron the UK and other parts of Europe have expressed interest in the 375 Mercenary and we are doing everything we can to get reamers/gauges, reloading dies and brass over to those shooters, Manson exports reamers to Canada, Australia and New Zealand, I will verify with Dave Manson on shipping reamers to other countries per request based on where you are at , same goes for brass, we can research and verify the requirements to get brass over either from the US or direct from manufacturer, dies will be shipped from the US unless shooters prefer to have them made locally then they can order a resize reamer for making dies along with the chamber reamer .....

To the gentlemen that asked about the 416 Mercenary and 338 Mercenary ... yes those reamers are available at this time as well and these cartridges will utilize the same 375 Mercenary go/no go gauges and the same brass, just a simple neck up or neck down with no other changes .... same set of dies can be used as well with the correct neck bushings and expander sizes ,

[email protected]

So does this cartridge surpass the 375-416 Barrett and 375 DCM in terms of velocity? Is it the hottest 375 wildcat yet?

Curious to see how this round performs at extreme distances

Have you gotten around to shooting this thing yet?

data accumulation is ongoing and so far we have the 350 gr & 375 gr CEB MTH bullets going through ladder tests with several powders and a new 400 gr bullet supplied by a generous member of LRH, next up is the 375 gr Chinchaga bullets .... once the shooting is done and max pressure is known for several bullet and powder combo's we will post the results,

So does this cartridge surpass the 375-416 Barrett and 375 DCM in terms of velocity? Is it the hottest 375 wildcat yet?

Curious to see how this round performs at extreme distances[/QUOTE

My gunsmith has the 375 Barrett Improved and mentioned that the 375 Mercenary will probably equate and beat the velocities.... at this time we have a number of cartridges that are capable of surpassing the velocities of the 375 Chey Tac cartridge and it's various Improved versions including the DCM, Lunatic, Extreme, Allen Mags and Snipe Tacs,,,,, 25-30 plus grains of powder will do that........

Honorable mention goes to the 375 VM2 and the 375 Lethal Magnum obviously....... as being the only cartridges to provide verified shooting results, the 375 Lethal Mag went on to win the 2016 KO2M shoot ............ The 375 Mercenary and the 375 VM2 are pretty close.... the 375 Warlord and it's copycat the 375 HE share similar case capacities with slightly different case dimensions but will perform as the 375 Lethal Mag since the parent case is the same one..... the final results of testing will show which case is superior in the form of max velocities achieved with best accuracy ..... case life be damned......

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.