338 Edge

RH300UM

P2230158.jpg

P2230157.jpg

OK here it is.
This rifle was advertised on this website by trueblue. It's a shooter just like he said. I have yet to do this rifle the justice it deserves. I took it out for its first shooting session the other day, and I had a difficult time consentraiting on shooting as I had 5 guys around me OOGLING over my rifle and firing off questions faster than I could fire shots. The target pictured above is at 300 yards because that is all my local range goes to at this time of year.Keep in mind I am learning how towork the turret and remember moa and talk to guys asking me questions.Thats why the group is like it is. I can't wait to take it out to 1000yds plus when all the snow melts, and I can have all the consentration I need without any distractions. This is my first true long range rifle. Custom rifle, turrets and all that jazz. Up till now I have just used a ballistic reticle. This rifle and scope combo beats anything else I've shot hands down.
Brief overview of this rifle is as follows:
Remington 700 stainless steel action acurized
Wyatt extended magazine
30 inch Rock Creek barrel with defensive edge muzzle break
HS precision stock
Epoxy embedded action
Nightforce NSX 5.5x22x50 zero stop
NP-R1 reticle
Nightforce bases and rings
It is the envy of the rifle range right now. Thanks Trueblue, it was delivered as promissed. Nice doing business with you. Future posts will follow as I stretch out the range and find out just how good (or not) I am.

Last edited:
Glad you are happy with the rifle. Given some practice, you will be shooting 1.5" or less groups at 300 yards easily with that rifle. The ballistic chart I made for you when I sent you the rifle should be very close for your elevation to take it out to 1,000 yards. Let me know how it goes for you. It was nice doing business with you as well.
JIM

Jim, i'm guessing this is the rifle you shot a group with at 700 or some long range then posted a pic of the group. yes, it's a shooter!

RH, you've already figured out one of the problems with having a gun that shoots really well is, it puts pressure on you to shoot better. it is a very enjoyable "perk"

Dave,
That is the rifle that I shot a nice gruop with at 700yds. Sorry to part with it, but got something else in the works,
JIM

Not sure what 3 clicks south of 7-08 would be ,but when it is done I will be sure to post something.

243 Long Range Shooter,

Call me 208-687-2659, i know this guy that can hook you up with a 338 Edge:).

243 Long Range Shooter,

I don't know if I would trust this guy or not. What does he know about the 338 Edge?

LOL....just kidding, man. I've got one of Shawn's 338s.....and it shoots better than I do.

Click on this link ---> 338 Edge

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.