338 Edge vs 338 Lapua, which one?

Shawn does use the center feeds with the Laupa round and shawn will in the near future have a sample of the 3.9 center feed detachable box magazine.........

To help avoid some confusion, Wyatt's makes both a staggered feed and center feed extended box mag. I really do not care for the CF Wyatt's version. I do like a good detachable CF box mag and refuse to build a Lapua without one. My go to magazine is the Wyatt's staggered box mag for 338 Edge, Lapua feeeding from this setup is a pain. There will be a detachable CF box mag available in the fairly near future with an OAL of 3.900" this will be the hot ticket.

I am very pleased with my EDGE that Shawn built me last year. Its an awesome shooter!

The brass was a partial factor in my decision, however it was the availability more so than the cost. I can walk into any gun store here in town and find 300 RUM brass. None of those stores carry 338 Lapua brass. That may change as the Lapua gets more popular.

Needless to say, I have no regrets.

Lets face it! This type of cartridge for a hunting round is a "One Shot Kill"! I am looking for a long range hunting round. The 338 300 gr bullet is perfict. What about a Single shot Ruger #1 action? Which one the 338 laupa Improved, or the Edge?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.