338 Edge reamer /info

Rum Man

I want to rechamber a 338 ultra barrel to a 338 Edge . I have a Edge reamer I got in a trade years ago . It's a. 063 free bore am i leaving any performance using this reamer ?
I havent talked to my Smith yet on this project. I would try the +P on this one also.
Any thoughts ?

Thank you !

Rum Man

Yes, the "standard" 338 Edge reamer that alot of builders have is .093" Freebore

I ordered a Edge reamer with .250" Freebore which is better suited for seating the 300 Bergers out

So it depends on the bullet/load combo you will have.

Ok great !
Thanks for this info . I will run the 300 gr bergers in this one . Single feed so I'm not worried about having a long round .

This reamer has 2012 on it if I remember correctly. It must have been the first ones built .

Rum Man

Few things I would look at. Back then it's based on necked up brass. Now ADG is longer necks. That FB would be wayyyy to short for the 300 grain Bergers for a single feed. .275 would be more like it. I would also want a .370-.371 neck diameter

Few things I would look at. Back then it's based on necked up brass. Now ADG is longer necks. That FB would be wayyyy to short for the 300 grain Bergers for a single feed. .275 would be more like it. I would also want a .370-.371 neck diameter
And of you want to try any other bullets besides the 300 Bergers with a .275 free bore, the jump gets a little long.