338 Edge - Match Brass - FINALLY!

morning has anyone got any of this brass yet ?? i've emailed shawn no reply yet . also shawn will my 338 edge dies work well on the shoulder ? thanks

Got my shipment of the 338 edge Bertran brass from Shawn Carlock Defensive edge.
Took 20 brass and checked them out by weight and found ES- 1.5 which is out standing. Then checked head space, siezed down and trimmed brass .

Loaded 90 gr H1000-Fed 215match primers pushing 300 gr bergers at 2815FPS. Checked concentricity .0015 with Bertran and best ever with Remington was .0025

Three shot group at 300 yards 3/4 inch, very happy with that.
Then took my Remington loaded rounds with the same load and found the three shot group open up to just over 1 1/2 inch at 300 yards.

This brass is equal or better that Lapua brass that I have used for the 6MMBR and 22-250.

Bottom line is ,yes it cost more than Remington but is much better and I expect to get over 15 or more reloads before primer pocket goes away which reduces your cost of brass.

Thank you Shawn for you bird dogging to get this brass for us 338 edge shooters.
Charlie

shawn i think everyone says thanks . just waiting on brass and i'll let you know . once again thanks

Sorry I don't have an EDGE yet but will soon enough..... my question is do you know if they make 338RUM brass?

He will if you want a couple of thousand.........LOL.

You may be able to form .338RUM brass from this stuff and have considered doing it with the stuff that I have here. Think you may need to possibly neck turn the bottom section of the formed neck as it could be quite thick.

You will also have to trim to length. Maybe not worth the effort?

Please bear with me for being slightly off topic. I have a 300RUM that after a bit will need a new barrel. I have been looking to put on a 338 Edge. I have a few hundred new Nosler 300RUM brass I was thinking of saving for the future Edge. Could you please tell me what issues you have had with the Nosler RUM brass? Will it be friendly to make into Edge brass....Thankyou for your input, patients and help.gun)

Nosler and Remington brass in 338 Edge just don't last more that three -- four firings without loosing primer pockets. I tried to reform pockets without any success .
Put your rum brass up for sale as there are a lot of rum users and order Berlrain 338 edge brass from Shawn and you won't be looking back, great brass.
Just got five firings on this brass and primer pockets are still tight.

Good shooting.

Charlie

Thank's for the quick reply. Wonder why that is...? My RUM is a blast to shoot..Those 208 A-Max are cost effective as well. May have to look at the Edge as another gun all togeather........Oh Darn........:D

Anyone try CC1 BR2 Primers in the edge under say h1000 I know in my WM My primer pockets stay tight a lot longer with the CCI Primers than the federal Match

Not enough fire, terrible ES.
Well it was an Idea. I was sort of already thinking that. I think the 300 win would be about as big as I would go with the BR2's I have good luck accuracy wise. i'm getting pretty excited about this. I'm thinking I'll have the barrel salt bath nitrated to extend the barrel life.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.