338 Edge Brass Prep

jeffwhip

I'm looking for some input here. Shawn is building me a 338 Edge +P and I am waiting for it to be delivered. I would like to get my brass preparation done ahead of time. So......

1. What brand of brass do you recommend? Remington, Winchester or Nosler? I've been reading here how the Winchester brass is not that good.
2. Would you recommend I run them through my 338 Edge dies and then turn the necks?
3. Is anyone using an inside neck reamer?
4. For those of you that are weighing the brass, are you sorting them by weight or inside case capacity?

Thanks in advance.

I've been happy with the Rem brass, either 300 necked up or 375 necked down. Hasn't seemed to make a difference between the 300 or 375. I have a few of the nosler 300 RUM brass and IMOP I have had better results from the rem. Just my $.02 and there are many here with more experience then I.

I have not turned the necks or weight sorted yet still shooting very tight groups.

Love the edge!

Good shooting,

BT

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.