338 Edge - Match Brass - FINALLY!

I was wondering how people are finding the 338 Edge Bertram Brass?

I have been testing a batch and I am interested on how other have found it.

Cheers

Shawn,
What issues might arise if I ran this 338 EDGE Bertram brass into a 300RUM FL die? I make .30-338 Winchester brass this way as is commonly done. Could neck turn if the neck is too thick. Thoughts?
Jon

Sounds like great brass. Any chance of a run of .300 Win mag. I would think that caliber is popular enough to justify it. If you think it might be worthwhile start a thread and see how many reply to it. Bet the pre orders would make it worthwhile. Bruce

You can easly neck this down to 30 to have good 300 RUM brass, you should not need to turn necks in a standard chamber. Until we fill all prepaid orders we will only be selling in 100 pc lots.

I got my order in from DE right after the first of the new year. I have been pleased with the consistency and toughness of this brass. I would like future Bertrum Brass users to know that my batch was on the thin side. So if you are getting a chamber cut and will be using Bertrum, take that into consideration. From my findings Bertrum is around .003 thinner than Nosler Brass and I had to drop down to a 361 bushing. Once again great brass, just an FYI from my findings.

From my findings Bertrum is around .003 thinner than Nosler Brass and I had to drop down to a 361 bushing. Once again great brass, just an FYI from my findings.

Plus 1, I am having the same issue. Even a standard die does not size the necks down for enough neck tension for my taste. But I have a set of Redding 338 EDGE comp bushing dies on order from Shawn and will soon fix that minor issue.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.