338 Edge. Is it possible???

mkf350

I'm wondering if it would be possible to use a 7mm RUM redding bushing die with .338 bushings to size .338/300 cases? I own a 7mm RUM and am hoping not to have to purchase dies from redding for the .338/300($175 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif) Plis I would not have to wait for them to make them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Could I also use a .338 RUM
bullit seater die or do I need a .338/300 die?
Thanks

The 338 RUM dies are much cheaper and very usable...not saying other options will not work... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Is it possible to use standard .338RUM. Do you use a spacer similiar to .38/357 and 44spl/44.mag dies? If full length dies are used it would not resize bottom would it? Does this cause a problem?

i don't think you can use a 7rum die with 338 bushings unless you have the bushing area of the die reamed down to where the shoulder would be the 338 size.

i just recieved a 300rum FL sizer from forster with a 362 neck.when you push the 300 brass out to 338 and put a bullet in it, the neck of a loaded round will be around 365.

i got a blank 338 seating die from wilson that my smith will just run the 338/300 chamber reamer into for a seater.

yes you can use standard 338rum dies to size and seat the bullets. just position the die in the press the appropiate distance farther up in the die.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.