338 calibre 250 grain bullets???

Topshot

Some time ago Berger said that they would produce a 250 grain VLD type bullet in .338 Cal. Anyone know if they are working on it or has it gone the way of the DoDo bird?

Given this what is the best 250 grain .338 cal bullet suitable for LR hunting.

I have been waiting for it as well. I talked to Berger a few times over the last year and I was told they WILL be working on it. As to when, no idea.

Maybe if enough of us add to this thread and keep it active, Eric or Bryan will see it and respond.

Perhaps changing the title to something like: "When will the .338 250 gr Bergers arrive?" might grab their attention faster.

Last edited:
I have killed several truckloads of critters :D with 250 SMKs. Everything from varmints to elk, up close and way off. They should work for you until berger comes along with something better.

Waiting as well but have given up for this year. It's to late for me to develop loads to hunt with. Producing 338's must be hard. The 250 OTM's haven't been available for quite some time and aren't even listed on their site. I'm think'in Dodo Bird.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.