.338 berger ? again

It is my understanding that Bryan designed all the Berger 338 VLD to work in a 10" twist including the 300 gr VLD.

Last edited:
Hey Eric. I absolutly love your VLD's! I shoot your 168's in my Savage 12 F/TR .308 and I shoot your 210's in my .30 Hart. I receintly had a .338 Edge built and am dying to get a hold of some 300 gr VLD's!!! I can't wait to see the finalized BC and field check the ballistics. Please, please post to this thread any information you have as to release dates, finalized BC, etc. Thanks and keep up the GREAT work!!!!! Tim.

Any indications on what the length of this Bergers will be compared to the 300 SMK ?
Will your rifle have to be throated out in order to shoot them, thereby turning it into a single shot?
Have not chambered my 338 at this time.

We have successfully produced the first 300 gr tangent and hybrid design bullets. These are being tested. We are waiting for more material to make the jackets to produce the 300 gr VLD and all three 250 gr bullets.

While these first bullets are tested we are setting up the new machine to produce 30 cal bullets. This will allow us to prove the machine with a known to be successful caliber. About the time this test is concluded we will have the material we need to make more jackets.

There are still some unknowns that we must overcome but we are nearly at the end of this road. I am encouraged that we will have a full offering of 338 cal bullets by the end of the summer.

Regards,
Eric

thats good to hear but i will get my Lapua (when i get it) set up to shoot something else because i dont think that i will be able to get any before next year. Seems nobody around here carrys many if any of the Bergers. Dont wont to wait on them and then not be able to get my hands on any. Still am very excited about them though as any 338 shooter more than likely is.

Cant wait to try them out of the EDGE.

If the BC is around .9, that offers a substantial ballistic improvement over the 300g SMK.

Remington Man, you don't want 0.9 BC, you want 0.461!!! in G7 of course!
Just messing with you friend, 0.9 in G1 is about 0.461 in G7 is just that for long
range you want to use G7 because G1 is velocity dependent!

I've been reading the blue ballistic book!!! :D

Can anyone tell? :cool:

Sniperjwt,

Your concern is legitimate. There is no arguing that we have a hard time keeping our bullets in stock. I will share with you that since I returned from exile in 2004 we have increased our output by a difficult to comprehend 1000%.

This means that we are doing everything we can to make more and are running into the good and bad challenge of a more rapidly increasing demand.

My suggestion to anyone who likes to shoot Bergers is to get a back order in with someone who takes them. We will make them and you will get them eventually. When you do, enjoy them and order more.

In the meantime I encourage you to keep shooting any bullets you can get your hands on. Better to be a shooter than not to be no matter who's brand goes through the barrel.

Regards,
Eric

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts