DE 338 edge strikes again

michael A.

i finnaly got out yesterday and shot my edge i was shooting at 375 yard with a 5-7 mile hr 3/4 value wind. shooting off a bench with harris bipod front and sand bag rear i shot a 5 shot group at 2-3/4" with 3 consecutive shots landing with in 1-1/2" thanks shawn for a great rifle and awsome customer service Michael A.

more comeing soon gun)

it seems to shoot good, havent really got a chance to shoot it much hoping to go out this weekend and try for some longer distence.

ok went shooting again and not sure what to make of this
conditions where
500 yards
bipod front sand bag rear
5 mile cross wind
group is a little under 3.75 with the 2 at .625 and the bullseye shot was the second shot
what do you guys think ?
picsmarch08347.jpg

i think that the 1st and 3rd shot were where the gun was hitting and you pulled the 2nd. i would have shot 2 more rounds to see where they were hitting. or maybe u dropped 1 and 3 eather way a guy should shoot 5 shots at thode ranges, if you cant see those groups through the scope.

thanks shawn really like it!!!
i think next weekend i will go back out and fire 5 shots and see what happens

what kind of groups are all you guys that have DE edges seeing?

michaela,
I hate to break in , but do you have any pics of the cartridge you can post , I am intrigued to see one , I have read everything on here regarding this cartridge but am yet to see one.
Thanx in advance , I'll keep a watch to see if you can help.
MagnumManiac
gun)

The difference between the Edge and Edge AI are nominal, the only real advantage I have found is that brass life is better, I believe this to be on account of the 40 degree shoulder keeping brass growth to a minimum.
The difference between the improved AI Lapua and the standard case is substantial both in brass life but more importantly cartridge performance.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.