.308 Brass opinions

mobenzowner

I have never used anything but once fired Lake City brass for my .308 Winchester rifles. Admittedly I have had good luck with it. Thinking about giving some new brass a try. What do you all believe is the best brass at the best value? I'm considering Lapua, Peterson, ADG, Starline, IMI. I don't shoot competitions, but I do love small groups. Not trying to open up a can of worms either.

Did a search and found some answers. Sorry for a redundant post. Next question is does anyone have Lapua in stock at a decent price? I can find it at Midway but its about .86 a case, where I see it for about .71 a case at some places, but of course they are all sold out.

Started with lapua for 308 years ago, never looked back. Keeps tight primer pockets longer than most and is a breeze to weight sort. I watch midway and grafs and if your not in a hurry they both will run 100 lots from time to time. 308 Is one of the cheaper cartridges to buy due to its popularity, and lapua comes with a 50 count cartridge box as well. Develop your loads with it and you will probably stay with it. Good Shooting

I spit the neck on my first piece of Peterson 308 SRP after 50 reloads on it. I do anneal after each firing I will never buy anything but Peterson. Wish they made .223 and .270 Win oh well maybe someday soon.

I spit the neck on my first piece of Peterson 308 SRP after 50 reloads on it. I do anneal after each firing I will never buy anything but Peterson. Wish they made .223 and .270 Win oh well maybe someday soon.
Looks like you have a great reason to stick with what works!!! Thanks for the input.

M, Bruno Shooters Supply has Lapua .308 Win brass @ .76 each in stock. I purchased 200 pcs for a friend's .308 which will last him a very long time. My favorite brand of brass, just wish Lapua made brass for more cartridges.

WOW. With 50 reloads Peterson actually pays for your annealing system with money saved on not having to buy brass. I use Lapua and am very happy so far but only about 4 reloads on my 308 brass. I usually only anneal after 4-5 reloads depending on the amount of resizing needed for the necks.

WOW. With 50 reloads Peterson actually pays for your annealing system with money saved on not having to buy brass. I use Lapua and am very happy so far but only about 4 reloads on my 308 brass. I usually only anneal after 4-5 reloads depending on the amount of resizing needed for the necks.
Scott even when I annealed Lapua after 10 to 12 firings at the most the primer pockets were too loose and still had a few split necks. Also I never load anything on the border of being a hot load.

I have never used anything but once fired Lake City brass for my .308 Winchester rifles. Admittedly I have had good luck with it. Thinking about giving some new brass a try. What do you all believe is the best brass at the best value? I'm considering Lapua, Peterson, ADG, Starline, IMI. I don't shoot competitions, but I do love small groups. Not trying to open up a can of worms either.
Lupua brass it's always the same

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.