300win mag with 1:11 twist bullet sugestions?

208 hornady eldm.

the 225 version is perfectly stable in my 1:10 .300 win.

I have no doubt the 208 would be stable in 1:11 at win mag speeds.
I'm shooting 208 Berger LR Hybrids in my. 300 WSM Tikka T3 24" 1 in 11" and achieving 100m .75s regularly. I've just figured out a bit less than SAAMI recommends (59.5 grains) of 4350 IMR is more consistent. Probably less jam I think......anyways good to go with the 208s. I also use Berger Juggernaut 185 grain with slightly better accuracy in the 500-1000m range. Havent gong'd out past a thou yet

I have a Tikka Veil Alpine in 300 Win Mag with a 1:11 twist. It shoots Federal 200 grain Terminal Ascent factory loads to 1/2 MOA. The bullet length is 1.622 inches, and the plastic tip is 0.26 inches. Also, beneath the plastic tip is a hollow region. The Berger Sg calculator does not work on bullets with plastic tips or hollow points. JBM has one which does. When I use the JBM calculator and put in Zero for the length of the plastic tip, I get the exact same value that I get in the Berger calculator (just as a sanity check). When putting the 0.26 value for the length of the plastic tip, the Sg is perfect, about 1.6, from memory. I get 1/2 MOA groups all the way from 50 to 600 yards. I don't yet have a place to shoot further. And, all of the bullet holes are straight (no keyholes or non straight entries). Also, if the JBM could also calc in the hollow region, the bullet would be even more stable. I think that with this bullet, the 1:11 is preferable to the 1:10, I get higher velocity and less pressure with the 1:11. I won't be having it rebarreled anytime soon. It is good at any elevation and temperature. Also shoots Federal fusion 180 grains just as good (one hole groups at 200 yards).

Last edited:
I will be using it for deer and moose, I hunt a lot of open fields and see moose and deer from 1 yard to as far as the eye can see, I am almost finished my lr rig now and am looking for sugestions on what pill to use with my 1:11 twist.
The 200 gr Terminal Ascent stabilizes perfectly in my Tikka 300 Win Mag with a 1:11 twist. Its killer.