300 ultra with 11 1/4" twist

nddodd

Has anyone tried the new 215 bergers with this twist and caliber. Mine shoots 210 smk's good but didn't know if it would stabilize the new 215 bergers or not. Just curious always trying to get a little extra bc just don't know if my twist will let me or not. My barrel is 28" rock if that matters.

Thanks,
Nathan

Has anyone tried the new 215 bergers with this twist and caliber. Mine shoots 210 smk's good but didn't know if it would stabilize the new 215 bergers or not. Just curious always trying to get a little extra bc just don't know if my twist will let me or not. My barrel is 28" rock if that matters.

Thanks,
Nathan
Sorry man, 10" twist with my 30 rum. It'll do the 225 hdy on a 10"twist with rl50.

I have that same twist in a 30-338, and had that same question.
The 210's best load runs 2820fps. 215's run 2880 with the same load. I did not see any signs of them being unstable at that speed although groups were larger.( may be better with a little tweaking) RUM speeds would be better I would think.
Cliff

I have that same twist in a 30-338, and had that same question.
The 210's best load runs 2820fps. 215's run 2880 with the same load. I did not see any signs of them being unstable at that speed although groups were larger.( may be better with a little tweaking) RUM speeds would be better I would think.
Cliff

What was the farthest you shot the 215's Cliff. If they seemed stable at 250-300 yds then I'm sure they'll work in my rum. I'm getting an avg speed of 3187 fps with the 210 bergers no pressure signs and low es. Everything I've read is saying the 210 is fine in my twist but not enough for the 215 which is hard for me to believe.

Thanks man,
Nathan

Awesome Cliff that's what I was wanting to here. I guess I'll go ahead and order a box of them and give em a try.

Thanks again man,
Nathan

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.