Berger 215's in 1-11 twist 300 WM

You may get good groups, but look for the BC to be 5% to 10% reduced due to the marginal stability. Unless you're at high altitude.

-Bryan

You may get good groups, but look for the BC to be 5% to 10% reduced due to the marginal stability. Unless you're at high altitude.

-Bryan

Thanks for the info. I shot a 4 shot group today 1.100 CTC. With the 215 out of my 300 wsm. @ 260 yds.little more testing but I'm thinking I'm onto something. Will it lose stability at longer distances? Haven't ran them on chrono yet. But pushing them hard. (Guessing over 3,000 fps)

Thanks Brian. Shot at 300 today and the best was a little less than 2" worst right at 3". Pretty happy with that as my rest was a bipod and I needed a cheek piece added to realy get a consistent cheek weld which I didnt't have. It will be single feed only as I had to load them long to get them anywhere close to the lands, .050 off.

-Bryan

What is considered high altitude? I shoot at about 4500' above sea level. Will they stabilize out of a 1:11 twist?

What is considered high altitude? I shoot at about 4500' above sea level. Will they stabilize out of a 1:11 twist?

With that 11 twist I would shoot that 200 gr. Hybrid. It shoots great and if Bryan says you will loose 5-10 precent they will be relatively close BCs. I shoot the 215 and 230s with a 9 twist in my 300. I would not want to shoot anything that is "marginaly stabilized".
JMO
Good Luck

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.