300 WSM

Of those listed id go with the savage. They have made the 110 forever. Theres some aftermarket support if you decide to change anything. Barrel swaps are easy if you shoot the barrel out or decide to change caliber.

Would consider the tikka as well. They are well built guns and if you handload you will be able to load the wsm longer than any of the listed options.

I own a Tika in 300WSM. Its an accurate rifle and smooth as silk. But it is very light so its a real banger on your shoulder with factory full power 180gr bullets and larger. I load it down to 30.06 level power and 165 gr bullets to save my shoulder.

I own a Tika in 300WSM. Its an accurate rifle and smooth as silk. But it is very light so its a real banger on your shoulder with factory full power 180gr bullets and larger. I load it down to 30.06 level power and 165 gr bullets to save my shoulder.
Also a 1:11 twist iirc

Never had a tikka or shot one. I just seen the new Savage coming out but didn't see a pricetag on it
I'd go with a Tikka for sure if you're going with a factory offering.
Tikka actions are perfect for wsms loaded to 3.2".
It's super simple to modify the bolt stop and if you wanted to rebarrel in the future you'll have one of the truest actions out there that's as good as a custom.
That's why big barrel makers are selling Tikka prefits.

Couple extra bucks win all weather extreme mod 70 I've been very happy with mine. My only complaint is I have larger hands and the stock palm grip didn't fit so well so I changed stocks always shot really well 1"-1/2" 180 factory accubonds

Definitely would choose the tikka in the price range of those guns. You could pick up a blued one for 550-600. I got a stainless for 650 on sale. As others have stated, the bolt is smooth as glass and shoots lights out.

I have a Tikka T3 Hunter in 30-06. It is a very light rifle, so the recoil is quite noticeable. So it would not be a good fit for comfortable shooting of the 300 WSM. Need some more weight to make it comfortable to shoot. I would suggest buying a rifle that is built to have that increase in weight more in the barrel than in the stock. Rather than increase the weight with a laminated stock, I would prefer a heavier barrel contour.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.