300 WSM

Donnie Spradling

Looking to buy a new 300WSM. My choices are the Browning AB3, Winchester XPR, or the Savage 10/110 Storm. Which one of these rifles is the most accurate rifle. If anyone has one these please let me know what kind of groups you are getting out of them.
Thanks
Donnie

Looking to buy a new 300WSM. My choices are the Browning AB3, Winchester XPR, or the Savage 10/110 Storm. Which one of these rifles is the most accurate rifle. If anyone has one these please let me know what kind of groups you are getting out of them.
Thanks
Donnie

If you can wait and your budget allows you to, go with Savage's ultralite with Proof barrel.

I saw the main thread talking about this. Tough to beat. I will admit defeat on the price. We can't touch that. $800 more.

I wanna see there blueprint process though. Compared to some good smiths and our advanced laser process, I am skeptical of how amazing that is.

Another fact is you will have those that want turn key, other who want that attention to detail, built specifically for them, and the know of they can call one place and talk to someone who can address the exact thing that left the shop/factory.

10 years ago, I would have jumped on something like the new savage.

Little known fact. Savage 99E - 300 Savage (Late Father's) Savage 110 - 270 WIN ( My first deer gun) still in my safe.

I do not think any company will openly reveal its step by step process that gives them a competitive advantage. There's a resident gunsmith that videotaped the common steps of his process but skipped the part where it is uniquely his (advantage). Let's see your advanced laser process. :D

Hahahahaha. Mass production is the enemy of any small/medium sized business.

I'll give everyone on LRH a tour of the shop and share every piece of information the day they give up all products made overseas. Deal??

It's all relative. Savage (or Remington, Ruger, Winchester, etc.) is catering to the masses but offers an option for a blueprinted action. Any business needs to find its niche in the market and in today's market their is continuous volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity. Sustainability and survivability are inherent to any business, regardless of size. I do not think you are competing with Savage but to other companies similar to yours that cater to the people looking for your product and services.

I appreciate that invite but I have access to at least 6 gunsmiths within an hour's drive, one of which is 2-miles from my house.

My apologies to the OP for getting off track. Cheers!

Thanks
Donnie
The XPR gets good reviews, but I'm a very happy owner of the Winchester Featherweight in ,270 WSM, so for only a few dollars more you could have a Featherweight.

If Budget minded I'd 2nd tikka. They make an accurate budget rifle that a lot of people build on and customize. However if you can afford it I think everyone needs atleast one high end custom action ie borden bat defiance etc. in their lifetime.

Out of those three choices, I would go with Savage.
If I wanted a utility rifle that's going to get beat up hunting, I would buy the TC venture in 300 wsm. My 30-06 venture still shoots sub moa, with probably 3000 rounds thru it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.