300 WSM - Pick out a Hammer Bullet

What were you shooting before you got the sample pack of hammers? And if the gun shot previously why change?

Per Steve Davis's suggestion I used 166's. Best results were with Hybrid 100v. Used Federal brass and WLRM. Load development was at 4000' . When I hit 3200fps I stopped because that was my goal but before any signs of pressure and by the book still a couple grains under max. H4350 and one or both RL 16/17 was slow for me, certainly was not getting the speed I had in mind. Sub moa group but I don't recall how tight. Weatherby Vanguard and not sure of the barrel length but not more than 24". Elk didn't cooperate so can't give an on game account but if they work like the 110's in my 260 they are would be astonishing.
Off topic but my wife has a Tule elk hunt Tuesday and we have 131 HH loaded for her 7mm-08. Super excited to see the performance!

Per Steve Davis's suggestion I used 166's. Best results were with Hybrid 100v. Used Federal brass and WLRM. Load development was at 4000' . When I hit 3200fps I stopped because that was my goal but before any signs of pressure and by the book still a couple grains under max. H4350 and one or both RL 16/17 was slow for me, certainly was not getting the speed I had in mind. Sub moa group but I don't recall how tight. Weatherby Vanguard and not sure of the barrel length but not more than 24". Elk didn't cooperate so can't give an on game account but if they work like the 110's in my 260 they are would be astonishing.
Off topic but my wife has a Tule elk hunt Tuesday and we have 131 HH loaded for her 7mm-08. Super excited to see the performance!
Very much looking forward to your wife's success.