300 Win Mag reloading advise.

I have a buddy shooting Berger 205gr Elite Hunters. He's using Magpro behind them. Somewhere I the ~70gr range I think. Other powders to try would be H1000, Retumbo, IMR8133, N570, and anything in between.

Just use 200 grain accubonds and be done. I use in 3 different 300 win mags with reloader 22 powder. All very accurate.
Rl22 or H1000 and 200 gr. Accubonds are money. Haven't saw a Win Mag that doesn't like the combo. Mine is a factory gun, with a bedded stock and aTimmeny trigger. Nothing special 1-10" twist. shoots just under an 1" at 200 yds.

I load 73 grains of H4350 with Barnes 168 grain TTSX BT in both mine and my sons Tikka's. They are 1 in 10 twist as well I believe. I get 1/2 to 3/4 MOA out to 800. The H powder doesn't vary velocity enough between winter and summer to effect trajectory so my zero is always consistent here at sea level. I have a custom turret on a Leupold, it's awesome. For practice off hand and out to a few hundred yards I substitute the cheaper Hornady or Sierra 168 HPBT Match. 1-1/4 MOA.

During lockdown here in Canada I got a 1000 litre tank and did a bunch of ballistic testing on as many projectiles at varying velocity's and calibers as I could get. The solid copper Barnes and Hornady Bullets I tested out performed absolutely everything by an exponential margin. They were very accurate and retained all but a few grains when shot and mushroomed perfectly. They also penetrated the deepest in the tank. The damage they do going through a game animal while spinning opened up to around 3/4" in diameter is unbelievable. My boy shot his first deer with one in the fall, a medium sized buck, and it dropped directly where it was standing. Worked perfectly.

Hope this helped
Regards
Mike

My 300 Win mag really likes the 175 Barnes LRX. In the past I use to use IMR7828 and got good results but lately I have using RL-26 and this powder just takes this old rifle of mine to a new level. Hard to find but worth the effort . JME

I'm running 200ELD-X in my 26" 1:10 and that rifle hammers. It has a calculated stability of over 1.8 according to JBM. Berger 215's have a 1:10 minimum twist. Even if you're a little below that "magic" 1.4 number it's not like your bullets are going to fall from the sky like a dead bird. Even if you sacrificed 5-6% BC on the 215 by being a little low on stability that would still beat out anything under 200gr by quite a bit. I would not pass up the high BC 200+ grain bullets because you have a 1:10 twist.

I'm running 200ELD-X in my 26" 1:10 and that rifle hammers. It has a calculated stability of over 1.8 according to JBM. Berger 215's have a 1:10 minimum twist. Even if you're a little below that "magic" 1.4 number it's not like your bullets are going to fall from the sky like a dead bird. Even if you sacrificed 5-6% BC by being a little low on stability that would still beat out anything in the 175-190 range. I would not pass up the high BC 200+ grain bullets because you have a 1:10 twist.
The 225 eld m has its .777 g1 bc out of a 10 twist. It's even higher out of an 8. If that lawn dart of a bullet isn't merely "marginally" stabilized by a 10 twist y'all got nothing to worry about.

In stock. Relatively cheap.

Shoot like butter in my 300 WM, 1:10 twist Shilen, 24", running about 2800-2900 fps with about 76-78 gr of H1000. You should be in the 2950 fps range in a 30" barrel, perhaps even 3000 fps.

0.35 ish G7 BC, 2950 fps, supersonic to about a mile.

I've only shot one small whitetail at 550 yds, but it was a nice pass through, good size exit, nothing but jello in the middle.

Make sure your target stands are sturdy. It's a freight train on steel inside 1000 yds.

In stock. Relatively cheap.

Shoot like butter in my 300 WM, 1:10 twist Shilen, 24", running about 2800-2900 fps with about 76-78 gr of H1000. You should be in the 2950 fps range in a 30" barrel, perhaps even 3000 fps.

0.35 ish G7 BC, 2950 fps, supersonic to about a mile.

I've only shot one small whitetail at 550 yds, but it was a nice pass through, good size exit, nothing but jello in the middle.

Make sure your target stands are sturdy. It's a freight train on steel inside 1000 yds.
These are great too. The 225 eld is better BUT I have to single feed mine so that's a bummer if there's the possibility of a close range encounter which for my kind of hunting there always is. For high bc target type bullets (that work dandy for hunting) my "repeater load" is
Either going to be these 208 eld m or
The 195 Sierra tipped matchking, whatever shoots better. They're already on my bench, too many bullets, too little time haha

So, you have the savage 110? A 10 twist on a 30" barrel is a bummer in my book. If shooting 200gr and above you might not have enough twist for stabilizing?
I'm shooting 215 Hybrids out of a 26" 1-10 twist barrel at an avg velocity of 2891fps.
When I do my part it will produce sub .5 moa 5 shot groups

Hornady 200+ seems to design them for 10 twist stability? Berger target bullets usually needs more twist. Sierra 240smk with 10 works, but faster works better. The 230gr Sierra states 9 or faster. I believe the H 250gr needs 8 twist, but not 100% on that? The long and heavy bullets will need 9 or faster.

Hornady 200+ seems to design them for 10 twist stability? Berger target bullets usually needs more twist. Sierra 240smk with 10 works, but faster works better. The 230gr Sierra states 9 or faster. I believe the H 250gr needs 8 twist, but not 100% on that? The long and heavy bullets will need 9 or faster.
Which long heavy bullets are you referring to?
I have shot 230g Berger's out of many 30 cal cartridges with 10" twist with not a single stability problem…so where are you getting this info that defies real world results?
I was shooting comps from sea level to 3,000+ft without a single hic-cup.
Even a short 26" barrel had zero issues at any altitude.
Standard twist for a 30 cal is 12". Period. Even a 12" twist stabilises 200g and 220g bullets. My Palma barrel is a 13" twist for 155g Palma bullets, they are perfectly stable, and so are 178's I used for Full bore in the same twist rate.
Stop reading and start shooting buddy, cuz what you say is not correct. (I do not mean for this to sound condescending.)

Cheers.