300 Win. Mag. and Berger bullets - which one ?

This morning, I ran a few test loads. One with the 185 Berger hunting vld and the other with the Berger classic hunter. Both had H1000. These were my best loads to date. Getting roughly 3130fps.

This morning, I ran a few test loads. One with the 185 Berger hunting vld and the other with the Berger classic hunter. Both had H1000. These were my best loads to date. Getting roughly 3130fps.

A Friend of mine is shooting the 185 VLD and Vihtavuori N160 @ 0.02" Jump with good accuracy results, so far.

What's your load with H1000 ? ...if I may ask.... :rolleyes:

A Friend of mine is shooting the 185 VLD and Vihtavuori N160 @ 0.02" Jump with good accuracy results, so far.

What's your load with H1000 ? ...if I may ask.... :rolleyes:

Well, it might be a bit on the warm side. The only time I have shot it was yesterday in 34° weather. So, I will have to check things again once the weather warms up. My load was 80.7 grains of H1000, Winchester case, Winchester primer.

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.