300 Whisper & 300 Black Out

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
I don't have the knowledge on the 300 Whisper & 300 Black Out because was never interested in them.
What if any is the difference between the two? Are the cases different?
I have a friend that has the 300 Whisper and his son told him he cannot shoot 300 Black Out cartridges in it.

Thanks
Len & Jill

Just from memory, I think the Blackout has a slightly larger spec for the neck since they expect some brass to be made from cutdown 223 brass. So, if the brass resulted in a very tight neck in a Whisper chamber, then pressure could be high.
Edit - I think the shoulder position and brass length is the same in both. Somebody will be along that knows for sure. Mine is a Blackout and I have no issues with either brass and shoot mostly cutdown 223s.

Just from memory, I think the Blackout has a slightly larger spec for the neck since they expect some brass to be made from cutdown 223 brass. So, if the brass resulted in a very tight neck in a Whisper chamber, then pressure could be high.
So, the BRASS is different in wall thickness between the two?
What is any difference between FACTORY 300 Whisper & 300 Black Out since (I think) both are made by Hornady besides the load for subsonic?
Need to get a Bonified Answer if anyone has one. I don't want to steer a friend in the incorrect way.
Thanks
Len

I don't have the knowledge on the 300 Whisper & 300 Black Out because was never interested in them.
What if any is the difference between the two? Are the cases different?
I have a friend that has the 300 Whisper and his son told him he cannot shoot 300 Black Out cartridges in it.

Thanks
Len & Jill
True!

The headspace is different, but can use any 5.56/223/300w/300bo bolts. Some use different case lengths, but the max case lengths is the same. I haven't found any www source that's 100% believable to my liking. I have 3 300bo and reload for all. Just like the spc and spc2 being as different as the whisper and bo.