300 Weatherby

Most of the time YOU WRITE THE DATA James. The books today as previously stated numerous times are a GUIDE. A great and very safe starting point (legal liability..as discussed) be safe, be cautious, take your time. Go up in .3 grains at a time...you only need one in each increment...when you notice pressure go back one load....you've reached your guns Max....now you have max...but do you have the most accurate load? That's TBD! By you too. 30 years ago ( and purely out of my own ignorance) if someone said to me " MY GUN DOESN'T LIKE THAT" I would have bet my house on the fact that they were a total IDIOT....30 years later...I guess I was at the time. You just never heard it then. Good luck....the fun is in the chase!
P.S....and don't repeat one of many of my earlier mistakes.....if a bullet isn't working after a few different charges and just a couple of seating depth changes......don't think you can make it work and waste precious resources and time....CAUSE YOUR GUN DOESN'T LIKE IT.....EVEN IF YOU DO!
so VERY true!

Normally I would agree with you. However I like classic cartridges. I want a 25.-06 and a 257WBY.
have a 257 wby, 257 baker(poor man wby, 264 wm necked down) and dont forget the 257 roberts, greatly underestimated. love them all. i believe roy felt the 257 was his best.

have a 257 wby, 257 baker(poor man wby, 264 wm necked down) and dont forget the 257 roberts, greatly underestimated. love them all. i believe roy felt the 257 was his best.
I also want a 264win and a 280. The only cartridge I have developed in 21st century is the blackout

20220716_180427.jpg

A few years ago I noticed that the max loads have been decreasing for several calibers so I reached out to Hodgdon since it covered the powders I was interested, and asked specifically if the powders have changed.
They told me that the powders have not changed, however, the have better testing equipment now as well as the primers and some bullets have changed, and that is why their new guidlines.
I do know for a fact that some primers have changed. So, with my old and proven loads, I will still check for pressure before I load to what is now higher and max.

I would caution anyone trying to use that load I had no pressure sign but every gun is different I worked my way up to that it is hot but best my gun has ever shot at 85.5 group was barely under an inch I was not expecting that much difference

I would caution anyone trying to use that load I had no pressure sign but every gun is different I worked my way up to that it is hot but best my gun has ever shot at 85.5 group was barely under an inch I was not expecting that much difference
Thanks for sharing. I use IMR7828 with 180 TSX in one of mine. My best of all the rifles I have.