300 weatherby

ann brezinski

what are your favorate loads for this case for deer and elk .can you describe your rifles that you use?
gary b

Custom tight neck rifle; NBRSA countour .332 neck. Mark 5 action. 17 lbs. with a NF scope

80.0 grains 7828 (HOT load)
215 primer
210 Bergers
3000 fps.

Most accurate rifle I have ever been around.

When I had my accumark my favorite load was the 210 Berger with reloder 25 lit with a WLRM in Norma brass
H4831 also produced accurate loads but left some velocity to be desired. If I did it over I would use H1000

Been shooting the 300 WBY forever. I have used it for LR hunting, IBS 1000 BR and "F" class. Also, I am a tinkerer.....I am ALWAYS searching for something better. The end all/be all as far as powders go, for me, is RL 25.....and believe me...I've tried to find something better!!! Works best in every single tube except one, which liked Retumbo. I've shot deer into the xxxx ranges, plinked steel out to a mile, and put a PILE of wood on the wall in competition!!! Now, the lightest bullet I shoot is the 210 VLD Berger on up to the 230 Berger and the 240 SMK. 215 Fed primers for all loads and all tubes/guns.

The guns range from stock guns to tight neck (.330 and .334) reworked Rems to full on custom BAT 1000 yard BR rigs.

Good luck,

Tod

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.