300 Tomahawk?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by the444shooter, Dec 13, 2004.

1. the444shooter

the444shooter Well-Known Member

I'm interested in rebarreling my 300 RUM to a 300 Tomahawk. It's just an improved shoulder on the existing 300RUM, correct? Where could I find a reamer? Load data?

2. Charles A

Charles A Well-Known Member

Call Ray Romain at (814) 265-1948. He built mine, its a heck of a shooter. He was a pure pleasure to do buissiness with.

Heres mine:
    [​IMG]

You gain probably 50 MAYBE 100fps over the regular RUM, its up to you if its worth it. Loaded 300RUM ammo can be shot from the tomahawk chamber, so that maybe a plus.

This is an AVERAGE group just over 2 inches shot at 450yds in 7-9mph winds. Ben called the last shot left.

[​IMG]

3. Dr. John

Dr. John Well-Known Member

nice rifle. how long is that barrel? what size is it?

4. Charles A

Charles A Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    nice rifle. how long is that barrel? what size is it?

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks. 33in not including brake, 1.25in dia. entire length. At 100yds shoots in the .3 or.4's with the only load I have ever tried in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. The weekend after Ben shot that group above, I shot one, five shot group over a period of about an hour, clicking from zero to 6.75moa, macking a new wind call in gusting 7-9mph wind before every shot, then zeroed it all back out, and shot the next, etc.. With about 10min between shots. The fianl group measured 2.2 inches.