300 RUM with 230gr berger otm's

I am with Rum Man, Best wishes! I was running the 245's out of my RUM (1:9 28'Kreiger)at 2860 with 8133. Not a hot load by any means. Tried to cold bore the mile...missed by 8"right, dead center. If that darn plate would have just been a bit wider, only 18' square. Woke up my buddy, who was spotting, up a bit too. LOL Hit it a few times after.
Mine shoots the 230's right around 3050, but seems to like the 215's the best though.
Love the RUM's. Just go and have some fun!

FWIW - If you have or can get the twist for them (listed at 1:8.5 or faster), the .308 cal Hornady 250gr A-Tips have extremely high numbers and per Jayden Quinlan on LRP podcast - have the ability to create a splash you can see past 2000 yards. He noted a big difference between these and 225 ELD-M's in kicking up enough dirt to see.

ok update from shooting this weekend. I took both my 300 RUM shooting 230gr otm hybrids and 300 WM shooting 215gr hybrids to get dialed in. There were targets from 555 yards out to 3,250 yards yesterday and we had a tricky wind from 7-15mph that was constantly switching.

That being said, I got my dope dialed in for both guns out to the furthest targets I could realistically shoot at - 1,800 yards. After that the next target was 2,700 yards - so well outside the capability with these guns with the conditions we had.

My 300 RUM dope was within .5 moa all the way out to 1,800 yards and is an absolute tack driver. Definitely going to take it on my Elk hunt in NM in October. My 300 Win Mag had back to back hits at 1,800 yards as well, but it was a little squirrely at that distance with consistency - I may have to revisit my load, as it was thrown together the day before unfortunately. One thing was very apparent, those 230gr bullets definitely are more consistent at that distance and in those conditions.

I will say, if you haven't seen the rigs these guys run to get out to 3,000+ yards, they are very impressive. I had a lot of time on glass and learned a lot, and was even given the opportunity to send a few with a 375 cheytac at 3,250 yards. The wind was constantly switching and I just missed off the right edge on my 2nd shot - so close but such a cool opportunity.

I'd encourage anyone who's considering attending an ELR shoot or simply getting outside their comfort zone with their rifle - do it! The shooting community out there was super nice, encouraging, helpful and genuinely willing to help you learn and get better. I will definitely be back.

Sounds like you had a great time and learned some very valuable information.
I was gonna say (but you now have the answers) so ill reiterate.
Having a one hole rifle in my opinion is absolutely critical for a shooters confidence. In my limited experience with elr, knowing your epuipment is capable leads you to what I think is most important and that is atmospheric conditions. I've seen some of the best shooters with the best equipment take second place (by one miss usually) simply because the wind changed by half moa during the string.
I always smile when I think that the word win is in the word wind as it relates to elr shooting. Guess that's why them prairie boys can shoot so dang good.
Anyway sounds like you got yourself a heck of a fine shooting rifle!
Best of luck on your upcoming hunt. If you use them bergers to hunt with make sure that tip is clean (learned that the hard way).

Happy shooting
Stones