300 RUM, 230gr bergers, 1400 yards

gaps

I think I have settled on a final load for this rifle! 1,000 yards, 3 shots, 1.75"!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mountainman- thanks! Did you share your 12000 yard on here? Would love to check it out!

I'm getting 3,048fps out of a 28" Krieger barrel

Mountainman- thanks! Did you share your 12000 yard on here? Would love to check it out!

I'm getting 3,048fps out of a 28" Krieger barrel

I did not post it, or even take a picture for that matter. 3 shots inside 10" @ 1200 yards. Nothing spectacular except for I was holding 8 moa for wind. Funny thing was a week previous I had the same distance with the same wind 200 miles away. Took me 3 shots just to hit the 30" plate that time :rolleyes:

Thanks!

230gr Berger match hybrid target
Remington Brass
89.4gr Retumbo
Fed 215
Coal 3.899

Gaps,
I had the same results with my load developement for my 300RUM only I ended with a final load of 90gr. of Retumbo with an average of 3070fps. out of my 28" Brux barrel. Very accurate load !
Awesome Video and good shooting by the way !

mountainman-wow 8moa for wind! what was it, about 15-20mph?

mandomax- nice to hear that someone else found a similar sweet spot! You shooting the 230 bergers?

mandomax- nice to hear that someone else found a similar sweet spot! You shooting the 230 bergers?

You nailed it. The first time I had the advantage of spotting for my friend shooting a 338 Lapua. He has possibly the nicest range I have ever seen. We were settin at the shootin bench, under a nice shade tree with a very small right to left breeze. His range crosses over a wash and up the side of this far away hill. His first shot went WAY left. After I talked him in he beat the crap out of it (the lapua was only 6 minutes of windage but mine shot flatter) it still took me 3 shots to hit the 30" plate.

The second time I had a constant 14 to 15 mph wind on a perfectly level 1200 yard shot. Nearly identical elevation and I had the advantage of previous experience.

I accidentally bought a Remington 700 Sendero in 300 RUM the other day. I appreciate the info you have posted. Will certainly be trying it in mine. gun)

Gaps,
Yes I'm shooting the 230 Bergers as well.
An exceptional long range hammer for a 30 cal.

I just started load development on my 230's in the 300rum. Went out to the range only 200 yards and shot a 3 round 1.2 inch group. I was also working on load development for the 210's. They (210's) seem to be shooting the best about .065 to .070 off the lands. So I tried the 230's at the same distance. ( I used my hornady gauges to determine the distance to the lands). I got the 1.2 goup at .065 off the lands. .075 was opening up to 1.4 inch. My .055 was also futher apart. I was using the same charge of retumbo in all...88 grains. I'll be going back with more groups of 3 with at the .065 with higher powder charges to determing group and pressure. I was not showing any pressure signs out of the 88 grain load. I'm shooting a Remington sendero that has been braked. Just some info for those shooting factory senderos....

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.