.300 Rum 208 Grain A-Max & H1000 Help Please

Michael J. Spangler

hey guys,

i'm going to give the 208 grain a max bullets a try. i'm having issues find load data for them though. i was wondering if anyone knew of any online resources for this combo? Thanks for the help

Its hard to find info on the 208 Amax, I emailed hornady and they said to use the data for the 220gr and work up from there, I was not impressed with their answer, not very professional. Thats why I am not using them, I like the bullet and think they are a killer, but until hornady comes out with better info there are other bullets out there that are just as good or better.

not very professional at all.
i was figuring even if i could find some info on the 210 bergers with H1000 i could have an idea of where to start.

seems everyone is using retumbo. seeing as i live in the worst state to life in for LRH and anything to do with firearms i have a hard time getting anything out of the norm for supplies

When I shot the 208 A-MAX in my 300 RUM I used reloader 25 powder it was a while back though as I found out how most folks were using the retumbo so thats what i use now. I believe that I loaded 86 or 87 grains of reloader 25 . If you decide to use this powder I may be able to dig up some old targets that has load data on them for you .

BigBuck

I loaded the 208 amax on 92.5 gr of H1000, shot pretty good in my rum @ just under 3100fps

Have a slower twist barrel on at the moment so they dont work so well so have loaded 190vlds for now....338 barrel next most likley:cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.