300 RUM/208 Grain A-Max Question

Michael J. Spangler

Hey guys,

i just picked up some 208 a max bullets and wanted to know if anyone had suggestions on how far these like to be loaded off the lands? I know there are some good articles on berger vlds, and i was wondering if anyone had some similar info or advice for these bullets?

i want to figure out a nice load before i burn the barrel gun)

thanks guys

alright, so right now i just finished measuring with my hornady gauge, i came up with a consistent measurement with a tiny hardly noticeable little bit of sticking in the lands at 3.115"

i'm going to try to back it off and make a few test rounds rounds every .010" to see where the sweet spot is.

so should i be working the seating depth or the powder charge first? i would imagine figuring one before the other would have its benefits.

thanks again guys

i'm interested in seeing how these shoot from different depths, all the way to a magazine length seating depth. right now at about .020 short of my measurement they're way too long for the magazine.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.