300 Norma Mag light weight receiver

My 338 rum is 11.5# all up. Shot two cow elk last week, was able to spot impacts on both elk at 390y and 540y. I was prone with a rear bag so that helps. Running a mbnm beast brake. I know my 10# 300nmi pushing 245s at 3k fps has noticeably more recoil than the bigger rum. This is nore than likely in the difference of muzzle brakes however.

Terminus Kratos Lite could be a consideration? No personal experience with this particular action, but can say my Terminus Zeus is incredible.

Last edited:
Our standard Ti long action with steel bolt is 20.8oz complete without a rail as @FEENIX pointed out. Our new Skele-Ti long action is 17.5oz complete minus the rail. We have been extremely busy just like all others in this industry. The emails get answered in the order they're received when time is available to answer them. We are a small shop and everyone in the shop is responsible for multiple operations and steps throughout the production of our actions. We apologize for not being able to get back to you immediately via email, we aren't ignoring you we are just busy as can be. Jim our shop manager will get to your email when he can. You can also give us a call any time 8-5 Mon-Fri and we can help you out with any questions you may have. Thank you.

Our standard Ti long action with steel bolt is 20.8oz complete without a rail as @FEENIX pointed out. Our new Skele-Ti long action is 17.5oz complete minus the rail. We have been extremely busy just like all others in this industry. The emails get answered in the order they're received when time is available to answer them. We are a small shop and everyone in the shop is responsible for multiple operations and steps throughout the production of our actions. We apologize for not being able to get back to you immediately via email, we aren't ignoring you we are just busy as can be. Jim our shop manager will get to your email when he can. You can also give us a call any time 8-5 Mon-Fri and we can help you out with any questions you may have. Thank you.
Jud I need to clarify, it was not your company I was speaking of but another company (Piercision).

Sorry to make it sound like you guys weren't responding.

That said I did send an email through the website contact form today asking for some pricing and options on your Ti receivers. I did not however see the Skele-Ti receiver you mention on the website.

I'm not opposed to Pierce, I just can find anything on their website about weight. I haven't called but sent them an email several days ago and no response so far.

That doesn't sit well with me.
Pierce and piercision are not the same company
Both are top notch and im sure both are extremely busy

Jud I need to clarify, it was not your company I was speaking of but another company (Piercision).

Sorry to make it sound like you guys weren't responding.

That said I did send an email through the website contact form today asking for some pricing and options on your Ti receivers. I did not however see the Skele-Ti receiver you mention on the website.
We need to have our website updated to include them. I'll tell you the Skele-Ti actions are $1450 and that includes a DLC coated bolt and a pinned recoil lug. If you want the entire action DLC coated that will be $1500. If you're a dealer or gunsmith you'll have to talk to my boss, Jim, to see about any discounts. I don't handle any business stuff, I'm just a machinist but I like to share our products and be a presence on LRH. This is the lightest action on the market that I'm aware of. We have had many customers build Norma Mags and Lapuas on our standard Ti actions successfully. We haven't really had issues with them with them, even with big magnums. We got the sticky bolt issues fixed with DLC coating and improvements in the design of the actions.

Only problem I have with you guys is I asked him about skeleton ti action years ago. He said to much time for to little weight savings.
I'm just messing with you. Since then I've told him offer that stuff and you would be shocked at what we pay for. I would gladly pay more for that when spending money for my dream rifles. It all adds up. In fact I had you guys cut me ti action screws also.
You guys have been top notch for me. Just wish I had more money to build more.

I can attest to the new design and coating. I believe it is the new design. Both mine have the coating but the .30 Sherman is the newer design and has zero issues. Now I have found the right oil made for ti stuff and I use it in my uncoated to bolt pigs and have zero issues with it so to speak. I can tell when I need to add more.

We need to have our website updated to include them. I'll tell you the Skele-Ti actions are $1450 and that includes a DLC coated bolt and a pinned recoil lug. If you want the entire action DLC coated that will be $1500. If you're a dealer or gunsmith you'll have to talk to my boss, Jim, to see about any discounts. I don't handle any business stuff, I'm just a machinist but I like to share our products and be a presence on LRH. This is the lightest action on the market that I'm aware of. We have had many customers build Norma Mags and Lapuas on our standard Ti actions successfully. We haven't really had issues with them with them, even with big magnums. We got the sticky bolt issues fixed with DLC coating and improvements in the design of the actions.
Thanks for the response. Is the price the same for short or long action? I currently have a need for a short action magnum bolt face receiver.