300 Norma Mag light weight receiver

Bat vesper, 1-1/8" tenon at 26.5oz. You don't want titanium, or 1-1/16" tenon. Bigger diameter cases like the lapua need a bigger tenon.

Who makes light weight Lapua bolt face receivers for a 300 NMI build?
I am using Anti-X in my .338 NMI build.

AnTi-X 3 of 3.jpg

I
Was hoping you would chime in. Do you have a Ti receiver? I hear both good (weight) and bad (binding due to higher friction of Ti). Any thoughts?
I have two, one in 6CM, and one that was a 6.5SS and is now a .260AI, and have shot several others.
Including a couple in 28 Nosler, run warm.
I have not had an issue with a Lone Peak Ti with the steel bolt. I did have sticky issues with another Ti action with Ti bolt.

I am using Anti-X in my .338 NMI build.

View attachment 342473

I'm thinking this or one of the sheep cut actions from Defiance.

I'm wanting a 338 Norma or Lapua improved bad but just trying not to spend the money right now.

Should have jumped on the APR special but I kept the purse stings tight and opted for some new optics this year.

I have a 7 saum built on the anti and love it.

I have quite a bit of experience with Lapua sized cases. As Highdrum said, you want 1-1/8" threads and large lugs. Two actions meet the requirements. BAT HR and Borden Bigfoot. Bolt thrust on these cases is far more than other rounds with smaller diameter. BTW you don't want an ultralight rifle chambered in a big 338. It will be to hard to manage when trying to stay on target

I have quite a bit of experience with Lapua sized cases. As Highdrum said, you want 1-1/8" threads and large lugs. Two actions meet the requirements. BAT HR and Borden Bigfoot. Bolt thrust on these cases is far more than other rounds with smaller diameter. BTW you don't want an ultralight rifle chambered in a big 338. It will be to hard to manage when trying to stay on target
Pierce engineering also has a full titanium that meets those specs.
Agree even if I take my recoil on my bigger 30's I built mine light enough with to actions they are some work to shoot well at distance.
Although he may be thinking like I did build it super light add weight where I wants.

I'm building a 300 NMI myself. After a lot of research went with the Borden Bigfoot. It's not a light weight but the bolt and lugs are more substantial than any of the other actions I looked at. My build isn't a light weight though, it'll finish at 15 pounds or so scoped.

Recent Posts