30-06 load data

aponcelet1

Anyone have load data for 180gr Hdy SST for 30-06. powders i have on hand H4350, Imr 4350, Imr 4831 and Imr 4046 grateful for any help.

Our standard load for .30/06 is: 57 gr H4350 in a Winchester FL sized case, sparked by a Rem 9 1/2 primer. Hornady 180 SSTs or the better Interbond cork the case. They both shoot the same as far as accuracy and drop.

We are using Winchester Model 70s with the Boss thing. My rifle shoots in the 5s and my sons in the 4s. This load shoots good summer or winter. Now these are hunting rifles so they get shot more in cold weather. Since we adjust the rifle to the load we can swap ammo and still get good results.

Be smart and start lower and work up. We consider this a hot load.

Just worked a load up for my dad's Remington 700 ADL that when he purchased had been through a fire and covered in rust. Bullet was 165gr Hornady Interlock pushed by 57.5 grains of H4350 and CCI 200 Primer in PMC once fired factory brass I cleaned up. Shot 5 shot group within .52" at 100 yds. Not sure of muzzle velocity as I shot at indoor range which doesn't allow for that kind of set up.

In that rifle i'd lean toward 49-50grns of 4064 with Fed210m primers in winchester brass and would be using a small base circle die.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.