30,000 FED210 Primers Gone in 3 day's

Sounds like someone was letting friends get more than 200 primers each day~!
That or the employees that reload happened to get a heads up and loaded their cars to the gills first?
Been known to happen before.
To think of those numbers, it would be like the turnstiles at a major train depot with tons of people streaming in JUST for primers.

Our local big box limits us to one box of ammo per type, and two boxes per day max. I resorted to taking my wife and my son in with me when they have anything worth buying. I finally got three boxes of 28 Nosler a couple weeks ago. Haven't seen any primers in a couple months.

My wife saw me looking at an auction this morning for 5k primers and a 8# of Varget and it was a big number. She suggested I should start selling off primers and jugs since the prices are so high.

I told her I'd sell her Yukon and half of her shoe closet first, and if she went along with that I'd agree to sell some primers and powder.

End of discussion.
So what's the details on the Yukon (year, miles...) price, I doubt the shoes would fit. :)
.... just in case you put some primers up for sale.

Our local big box limits us to one box of ammo per type, and two boxes per day max. I resorted to taking my wife and my son in with me when they have anything worth buying. I finally got three boxes of 28 Nosler a couple weeks ago. Haven't seen any primers in a couple months.

My wife saw me looking at an auction this morning for 5k primers and a 8# of Varget and it was a big number. She suggested I should start selling off primers and jugs since the prices are so high.

I told her I'd sell her Yukon and half of her shoe closet first, and if she went along with that I'd agree to sell some primers and powder.

End of discussion.
Got to love it, when a plan comes together.

I stopped at a local big box sporting goods store at 2:45 on Monday and asked if they had any Fed210 primers, I followed the employee to the swinging doors to the back room, I could see on the shelf 6 cartons of 5000 primers each unopened, The employee opens one and gets me their limit of 200 primers.
I go back on Tuesday same time and same thing but 2 cartons are gone and he has to open carton #4 to get my 200 primers.
( 10,000 primers gone in 24 hours. 20,000 left) I go back today at the same time and they say they have no primers. I go to the swinging doors and there are none on the shelf, none on the sales floor. 30,000 FED210 primers gone in 48 hours. WHAT THE HELL!!

T.P.
Simple math says it took 150 people to take those 30k primers, 200 at a time. If they did the same thing you did - go back on consecutive days - that reduces the number to just 50 people to take all of them in 3 days. Possible? Absolutely. I'm just sorry I wasn't one of them. Enjoy.

Hey! Where can I buy a primer making machine??? Sounds like a business opportunity. Ha!

Last edited:
Adding fuel to the fire, a local auction house had a ton of primers up for auction. The following price was a bid on 5000 CCI Small Pistol Primers. Add to this price 24.6% for auction fees and sales tax. Winning bid (if this is called a winner) $975.00

Belief in conspiracy lies like this are why people are hoarding insane, absurd amounts and the average Joe can't find anything when he needs it.
Not to get political but it isn't necessarily a conspiracy theory when it is true. They are proposing national quantity restrictions and background checks on each ammo purchase along with a host of other extremist BS. Hoarding becomes an unfortunate necessity with Bills like HR 5717, HR127 and HR167 are being proposed by tyrants. I highly recommend following and supporting the Firearms Policy Coalition to stay current on the legal fight for our Rights. Keep in mind these are not just fights for guns we don't care for but laws that consider reloading components requiring a background check and limitation.

Years ago during the 22LR scarcity, I happened to be in Wally World, near the gun counter getting splatter targets. Was about to ask if they had any 22LR when another employee comes up, the man behind the counter pulls out a case of 22LR, scan - pay - bag, and the other employee walks away. I then ask, "do you have any more of that?" No was the reply. Irritated me, but I also know how poorly that company treats many employees (not all).

As far as the 30K primers, it's 150 or less people buying two sleeves apiece, which can be all in a day. Surprised they lasted as long as they did.
If there wasn't a limit, would you have purchased them all? If so, would you have offered some of the booty to your friends at the price you paid?

Once again it's being introduced as has been several times in the past. No co-sponsors to this bill and the reason it never moves forward. Lucky for us, yet... it has to be watched to make sure it doesn't go an inch forward. It's a good idea to write to your congressman an reiterate that they should not co-sponsor or vote for this bill, ever!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.