differences in Primers

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by marioq, Jul 14, 2013.

1. marioq

marioq Well-Known Member

I can not seem to find the differences and I wanted to see if someone could enlighten me....

I have red Federal Mag 215 primers..... But then I also have Blue Fed Match Mag primers..
    Whats the difference??
    Is it big enough that I should use some for one gun and others for another??

THanks

Mario

2. lloydsmale

lloydsmale Well-Known Member

Ill put it this way. Im one that truely believes primers can make a big differnce in accuracy and usually try 3 or 4 differnt ones to fine tune a load but over the years fed match mags have proven themselves the best in my loading of magnum rifles so often that I about use them exclusively. Only change in that routine is lately ive been trying others because im down to 4 packs of fed match mag and finding them is harder then the old finding a needle in a hay stack saying.

3. RT2506

RT2506 Well-Known Member

The difference between the regular 215 and the mag match primer is that the match primer is just a more consistent lot of the regular 215s.

4. marioq

marioq Well-Known Member

Great. Thanks for the answers!!!

5. jfseaman

jfseaman Well-Known Member

I agree with lloydsmale

If there were no availability issues I would use Federal Match exclusively. However, I have success with others. A Google will find you a comparison of different brands.

Right now I'm trying out some Wolf Magnum Rifle primers.

6. Bart B

Bart B Well-Known Member