differences in Primers

marioq

I can not seem to find the differences and I wanted to see if someone could enlighten me....

I have red Federal Mag 215 primers..... But then I also have Blue Fed Match Mag primers..
Whats the difference??
Is it big enough that I should use some for one gun and others for another??

THanks

Mario

Ill put it this way. Im one that truely believes primers can make a big differnce in accuracy and usually try 3 or 4 differnt ones to fine tune a load but over the years fed match mags have proven themselves the best in my loading of magnum rifles so often that I about use them exclusively. Only change in that routine is lately ive been trying others because im down to 4 packs of fed match mag and finding them is harder then the old finding a needle in a hay stack saying.

The difference between the regular 215 and the mag match primer is that the match primer is just a more consistent lot of the regular 215s.

I agree with lloydsmale

If there were no availability issues I would use Federal Match exclusively. However, I have success with others. A Google will find you a comparison of different brands.

Right now I'm trying out some Wolf Magnum Rifle primers.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.