2nd test results. Thoughts??

In the other thread you said you saw pressures at 46gr, and it was kinda cold out, I would really take a hard look at 45gr just because it should give you a cushion when it warms up again, and still maintain your accuracy, seating depth and maybe a different primer this load could very well go 1 raged hole:)

In the other thread you said you saw pressures at 46gr, and it was kinda cold out, I would really take a hard look at 45gr just because it should give you a cushion when it warms up again, and still maintain your accuracy, seating depth and maybe a different primer this load could very well go 1 raged hole:)

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I think I might try that 45.0 and 45.2 again at longer range. 45.5 is technically the OCW, but I'm trying not to get too hung up on that, 45.0 and 45.2 had some of the best results with no pressure signs.....too bad I had that one slight ejector mark at 46.0, that load seemed pretty good.

I may test it again though, just because the brass is on it's second or third firing, and I have had ejector marks in the past, and they could still be showing on the brass. does that make sense? It's the only pressure sign I saw

yup makes sense to me, besides if it doesn't work for you for one reason or another you'll have gained that experience to aid you down the road

thanks! I think when I load and test again (may be a while, bad weather the next week or so), I'll load up some of the 46.0 with the others, but make sure I do a thorough examination of the shells I use for that, so there's no possibility of there being an ejector mark prior to the firing, just to either rule that load out, or keep it in consideration

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.