.277 bullet selection

danacobb

I was wondering why people don't use the .277 caliber for any match BR shooting that I've heard of. People are using the 6mm, 6.5mm, 7mm etc.... but you don't here much talk about the .277 (6.8mm). Is it because of lack of bullet selection with high BC's?

What are the highest BC bullets in .277? The reasoning behind the questions is I was considering building one. I have just purchased Dies for my 270WSM and it would be nice to be able to play with the same caliber.

Any comments would be great.

I was wondering why people don't use the .277 caliber for any match BR shooting that I've heard of. People are using the 6mm, 6.5mm, 7mm etc.... but you don't here much talk about the .277 (6.8mm). Is it because of lack of bullet selection with high BC's?

What are the highest BC bullets in .277? The reasoning behind the questions is I was considering building one. I have just purchased Dies for my 270WSM and it would be nice to be able to play with the same caliber.

Any comments would be great.

150gr berger vld 545bc 1-10twist

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts