270 Allen Mag users, got a question

Timeline? Dave Corbin has the money as of last week.

BJ of 3rd Generation Supply sent a box of bullets which Dave would have received about the time he got the money.

I have the Corbin press ordered also to be shipped with the die.

Whatever turn around Dave has is the turn around time.

Oh, and I'll have to find a more permanent residence. The Los Alamos Best Western has limited space.:D 30 days here seems like "solitary!"

I'm going to have to learn how to sort out the culls. from the process. I am considering a Juenke bullet spinner or some other self developed way to measure consistency.

Once I get a run completed and I'll ask for volunteers to test them. I'm stuck in Los Alamos NM for a bunch of months and don't have my backyard range.....

Any 270 shooters (WSM or AM) will be provided a sufficient number of bullets to work up a load and shoot for accuracy, SD/ES and BC. At no cost to them.

With independent testers there will be nothing hidden or not public with any comments positive or negative inclulded in open posts on LRH.

BTW, bc are anticipated to be better than Bergers or JLKs. Especially since each bullet will be processed through a repointer/meplate refiner.
I'll volunteer. I have the AM.

You should buy the Juenke unit. Excellent tool for bullet sorting.

Timeline? Dave Corbin has the money as of last week.

BJ of 3rd Generation Supply sent a box of bullets which Dave would have received about the time he got the money.

I have the Corbin press ordered also to be shipped with the die.

Whatever turn around Dave has is the turn around time.

Oh, and I'll have to find a more permanent residence. The Los Alamos Best Western has limited space.:D 30 days here seems like "solitary!"

I'm going to have to learn how to sort out the culls. from the process. I am considering a Juenke bullet spinner or some other self developed way to measure consistency.

Once I get a run completed and I'll ask for volunteers to test them. I'm stuck in Los Alamos NM for a bunch of months and don't have my backyard range.....

Any 270 shooters (WSM or AM) will be provided a sufficient number of bullets to work up a load and shoot for accuracy, SD/ES and BC. At no cost to them.

With independent testers there will be nothing hidden or not public with any comments positive or negative inclulded in open posts on LRH.

BTW, bc are anticipated to be better than Bergers or JLKs. Especially since each bullet will be processed through a repointer/meplate refiner.

Please put me down to for a volunteer I also have a 270 AM.

Roy,
Count me in also. I have a 270 AM with less than 100 rounds through it. Lilja # 8, 30 inches.
Thanks,
Jett

I'll volunteer. I have the AM.

You should buy the Juenke unit. Excellent tool for bullet sorting.

This is gonna get 'spensive. Being a cheap skate is there any other, read less expensive, means of qualifying bullets?

Dave Corbin informs me that jacket thickness and bullet internals won't be affected by the process. The only thing that will change is the transition between front edge of bearing surface and the ogive.

I wonder why no one else has attempted this?:rolleyes: It may be due to the historical lack of "need" or "want" for nifty 270 cal long range bullets.gun)

I'll post a "all points bulletin" when I get closer to having bullets on hand.

The concentricity b/w the core and jacket certainly appear to be very important. However, look how well the Hornady Amax shoots. But they are terrible on the Juenke my source tells me. On the other hand, the Swift Scirocco seems to be the best or one of the best factory bullets available that actually challenges the Juenke.

Cheaper tool for the job? Don't know. But sorting bullets by bearing surface length and diameter and weight are all components of accuracy as you know.

I feel that the wt difference is the least important.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.