270 allen magnum

TheFishBox

What bullets are you guys using to hunt with? I am just a step away from sending kirby the money to have one of these bad girls built for my long range deer gun but want to know what bullet options I have. So what offerings are you guys launching down the tube?

I would go with the 7mm version and use 180 grain bergers. That would be a much better set-up with more good bullet options.

I would consider looking at the 7mm AM and 180 Berger and hopefully one day the 195s.

I've settled on Berger 150s for mine with it's second barrel. With the first barrel they were right next to dusting at AM velocity.

I'm waiting for the Berger 170 offerings but am getting a little long in the tooth to wait much longer. :D

By now Kirby may have some different/better ideas on rifling. All the 270 AMs that I know of are 3 groove 6 twist Liljas. Pretty tuff on jackets.

I've shot 150 Ballistic tips to 1400 yards plus and was pretty pleased.

Nosler and Hornady bullets are the best for not dusting even at around 3600 FPS MV.

The Bergers are working very well also.

i already have a 338 lapua and don't want to pay the extra 300 dollars for that bolt face. plus I don't like the 7mm cause everyone thinks its the greatest thing in the world.

Roy thanks for the input.

I am shooting 140 grain Accubonds, running at 3550 fps. Had them at 3640 and no "dusting". I think Accobond is coming out with a long range Accubond 150 gr......

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.